This set was my #1 choice the first time I laid eyes on it in Orlando last November…seriously, who wouldn’t like this set? Then the sentiment was in another set (Balloon Celebrations, really!). Why this sentiment isn’t with this set is a mystery to me…but together they are just a little bit of magic…
This frame is 5″ x 5″ and will be sitting in my kitchen if you want to come over for tea or coffee and see it…
You will all ask me where the frame came from…Hobby Lobby $5.99 with their 40% savings coupon.
Now I have placed the Designer Series Paper behind the glass, but not any of the teapot pieces. I do this all the time so I can build layers and texture into a framed design. I just stick the pieces on the glass with glue dots or dimensionals…I’ve been known to use glue too!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Let’s do the sentiment oval first. I “fussy cut” the flower, stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso and punched with Scallop Oval Punch. The large Oval Punch was used for the DSP in the background. Attach these two layers with adhesive. Add as many dimensionals as you want to the back of this piece. Add the cut flower to the front with a dimensional.
- The tea bag was cut from tissue paper doubled. Hold together with a glue dot. Cut a small piece of Baker’s Twine and staple to the tea bag.
- Cut the teapot out with Cups & Kettle Framelits and Mint Macaron cardstock. Cut another teapot out of fun foam and glue cardstock pieces to corresponding fun foam. “Fussy cut” another flower and add to front of teapot with glue. Glue the Baker’s Twine stapled to tea bag to back of teapot.
- Cut the smoke coming out of teapot from Whisper White cardstock and fun foam and glue together.
- Cut a portion of a doily and add to glass with a small amount of glue here and there. Glue the teapot over doily and the smoke coming from spout.
- Add the sentiment oval over the teapot.
This was such a fun piece to put together and I’m already thinking of ways to make it cuter and to match my daughter-in-love’s new kitchen décor.
Mother Nature is reminding us she is in charge of the seasons and it’s still March today. Makes for a really good stamping day.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Get those fingers inky…Be HaPpY!