Today’s post is special…
It’s being sent to a friend who just lost her 16 year old sweet pet. Many of us love our pets (me included big time) and losing them just leaves a big old hole in our hearts.
So I picked one of my favorite Hostess stamps sets from the Annual Catalog. This sentiment is why I love it so much…
a close up of the masking technique…
I know I’ve mentioned it before…masking is my favorite technique…it’s magic!
This Natural White Cardstock has become a favorite too. I like the contrast with the Crumb Cake sponging.
Here’s all the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Crumb Cake, Natural White, Soft Sky Cardstock
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Soft Sky and Pear Pizazz
- Stamps: Gift of Love (Hostess)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Post It Notes, sponge, Sequins, Soft Sky Seam Binding (retired) Tip Top Taupe Lace (retired)
- The Soft Sky base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The Crumb Cake layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached with SNAIL
- The Natural White layer is 3-3/4″ x 5″. Stamp the flower outline in Archival Basic Black on card front. Stamp again on post it note and “fussy cut” for a mask. Stamp sentiment in Basic Black. This is a two-step stamp so stamp the flowers in Soft Sky and the leaves in Pear Pizazz. Cover image with mask. Add post it notes or any tape you might use to frame the flower and sponge with Crumb Cake. Before removing masks, use the Soft Sky marker and holding the pen in one hand and the top in the other, flip specs of color over the sponging (see close up pic) Remove both masks. Do a HaPpY Dance! It is magic isn’t it?
- Now before attaching to card front add whatever ribbon/lace/Linen Thread you’d like to the bottom of this layer. Then add Adhesive Strips around edge before attaching to card front to lift your artwork. Add sequins with a dot of multipurpose glue.
- Inside there is a layer of Crumb Cake 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ with a layer of Natural White 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″.
So now that I’ve shown you this card I can get this in the mail. This sweet couple is just devastated and I know their home just doesn’t feel the same without “Gracie”.
I did hear from one of the designers of the three cards I posted yesterday that were swaps from my weekend in Nashville. Her name is Judy Grace. Her card was the hot air balloons.
We have some severe weather headed our way today…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me…Be HaPpY!