Found this technique on Pinterest and knew I had to try it…so I did. The card I saw was made by Charlet Mallet.
But I will admit to you right now, this took all the patience in the world (which I do not have) to complete.
Here’s the card…
It’s not that I don’t like how it turned out…this technique is stunning. But…
See all those itty bitty pieces…right!
I gladly give Charlet credit…she must have all kinds of patience! She had the whole flower with all the leaves on her card. I bet she’s in the looney bin about now.
The effect is stunning and that’s what caught my eye.
Just in case you feel the urge to give this a try, here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits…
- Paper: Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Whisper White and Pool Party Cardstock
- Ink: Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Feather Together
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Rose Garden Thinlits, Lots of Dimensionals,
- The Basic Gray base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The large Pool Party layer on the card front is 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ attached to card front with dimensionals.
- The Smoky Slate layer on card front is 4-1/8″ x 4-1/8″. Cut rose image with Rose Garden Thinlits from Smoky Slate CS. Turn framelit so back of paper is exposed and begin placing dimensionals on each piece. You will be cutting tiny pieces for some of them. Once you have dimensionals on each piece, remove protective paper and place the Smoky Slate 4-1/8″ square piece over the framelit with the pieces still in place. You may need to adjust some of the pieces. Add this layer to the Pool Party layer on the card front with SNAIL or multipurpose glue.
- The sentiment at the bottom of the card front is 7/8″ x 4″ of the Pool Party piece. I used a punch upside down and just put the end of this cardstock into one side of the punch to get this shape on the ends. You could just tag the ends with your snips. The Smoky Slate layer is 3/4″ x 3-3/8″. Stamp sentiment in Basic Black and attach to Pool Party layer with SNAIL. Add these two layer to card front at bottom.
- Inside there is a Pool Party layer 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ with a Whisper White layer on top 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. I stamped the sentiment inside “and sending hugs” in Basic Black.
If you decide to give this technique a try, I’d love to hear from you.
Thanks so much for stopping by today and a special thanks to those of you who have ordered from my online store by clicking the star in the right column that says “shop now”. I hope you have all received your thank you in the mail…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
did he ever!
But we can stay inky and be HaPpY!