Having friends is a life journey. You celebrate with them during happy times and hold them up when life is difficult. Today I’m holding up a friend who lost her dad over the weekend.
I’ve included a book marker inside a sympathy card to remind her that her friends are thinking of her …
and the book marker…
And a peek inside.
Sympathy cards are never easy to make…but you need them when you need them. I never seem to have them on hand.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for this one…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Flirty Flamingo Cardstock, plus water color paper
- Ink: Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie
- Stamps: Count My Blessings
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Scallop Top Punch, Linen Thread, Ribbon, “H” Block, “I” Block
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″. Score, fold and burnish at 5-1/2″.
- The Flirty Flamingo layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL.
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Using Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo and Pumpkin Pie markers, color one side of the “I” Acrylic Block. Spritz block and “stamp” in center of layer. Hold for a few seconds to let ink absorb into cardstock.
- Add sentiment and line art flower in Archival Basic Black.
- Inside the Flirty Flamingo layer is 4-3/8″ x 3-3/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″. Using the “H” Acrylic Block color the same as before, spritz with water and stamp toward the bottom of layer.
- Add flower stamp in Archival Basic Black.
- I decided to use water color paper for the book mark. Cut a piece 2″ x 4″. Punch one end with Scallop Topped Punch. Using “H” Block paint with markers and spritz with water before stamping on water color paper. Hold for a few seconds to give the ink time to be absorbed by the water color paper. Add sentiment and flower in Archival Basic Black. I used seam binding ribbon in Daffodil Delight and Calypso Coral tied with Linen Thread.
We had Monday Morning Stamping Class here in the studio today and it was a doosie! I think everyone was happy with their creations…
Thanks so much for stopping in today.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Change is always good…
Come get inky with me…be HaPpY!