My Stampin’ Up! friend Lisa Curcio posted recently she had earned the Thailand dream trip but ended up not being able to go. Can you imagine?
On the day she made this announcement she posted a card using the new Fabulous Flamingo stamp set which inspired my post today for you…
A landscape created with post it note, sponge and ink.
a glamour close up…
Even though the masking makes it look like there are layers here, this card will mail flat.
Many times I’ve mentioned masking is my favorite stamping technique. The card demonstrates an entire scene made with the masking technique.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Lemon Lime Twist, Thick Whisper White and Basic Black Cardstock
- Ink: Marina Mist, Peek A Boo Peach, Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist, Daffodil Delight and Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Fabulous Flamingo and Colorful Seasons (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: large post it note, 1-1/4″ circle punch, Sponge cut into four wedges
- The Lemon Lime Twist base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″.
- The Basic Black CS layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL.
- The top Thick Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Tear the edge of maybe two Post It notes that will cover the width of the card front. Punch a circle from sticky part of Post It Note and place where you want the sun/moon to be then add the first horizontal mask. Sponge with Marina Mist, then Peek A Boo Peach, Berry Burst and last Lemon Lime Twist. While the moon/sun is still masked, sponge edge with Daffodil Delight. Remove masks.
- Stamp leaves in top two corners and grass/water and flamingo at bottom of card front in Archival Basic Black.
- Add sentiment in Archival Basic Black.
- Inside there is a Basic Black layer 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached with SNAIL.
- A thick Whisper White layer 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ is attached with SNAIL over the Basic Black layer.
- On the envelope lower left corner stamp grass in Lemon Lime Twist stamping several times without reinking.
Hope you are having a fabulous Thursday and have had a chance to get inky.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Stay inky…be HaPpY!