That is not a typo in the title of this post. Still celebrating by using the Cake Soiree Suite of products. There’s just so many possibilities here…
It all starts with that “smooshed” background…
A glamour close up.
This ribbon is super nice for bow making.
And a peek inside.
The sentiment “celebrate” was used and the inside left blank because I may want to use this card as a birthday, anniversary or wedding. Another reason this set is so versatile.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Berry Burst and Silver Foil Cardstock, plus watercolor paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Berry Burst, Powder Pink, Old Olive and Pool Party
- Stamps: Cake Soiree
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Berry Burst 3/8″ Metallic Edge Ribbon, Linen Thread, Sweet Cake Framelits Dies, Low Tack Tape, Spritzer, Blends Pens or Markers
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″. Score, fold and burnish at 5-1/2″
- The Berry Burst layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- The Watercolor paper layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″.
- Add low tack tape around edges of watercolor paper to create a 1/4″ border. Add Pool Party and Berry Burst ink to an “E” Acrylic Block with markers or ink pad and spritz with water. Smoosh block onto watercolor paper and lift after giving the ink time to be absorbed.
- Cut a piece of Berry Burst Metallic Trimmed Ribbon 5-1/2″ then add around bottom of watercolor paper at the 1-1/4″ mark attaching at back with SNAIL. Add this layer to card front with multipurpose glue and weight the layers down while drying.
- Cut the cake stand from Silver Foil Cardstock.
- Make a bow with several loops tying in the center with Linen Thread.
- Stamp cake on scrap Thick Whisper White with Archival Basic Black. Color with markers or Blends Pens.
- Stamp sentiment on scrap Thick Whisper White with Archival Basic Black and trim. Tag one end. Stamp flower outlines with Powder Pink and Berry Burst just off the paper.
- Add cake stand to card front with multipurpose glue just outside the taped border with multipurpose glue. Weight the piece to dry.
- Add bow to stand base with glue dots.
- Add cake to stand with dimensionals.
- Inside the Berry Burst layer is 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. Stamp larger flower and mask. Stamp two smaller flowers and leaves before removing mask. Add to Berry Burst layer with SNAIL.
- The Flowers could also be added to the envelope front and colored to coordinate with the card.
This year I intend to be much more organized. Did I hear sniggering? Seriously! I don’t want to be scrambling for a card when I need it.
It’s Friday! Hope your weekend will be filled with everything you want to do and nothing you don’t.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
for me that would be watercoloring.
Come get inky with me and be HaPpY!