Created my own snowy night scene…so peaceful. And the nicest place to be on a night like this? In front of a cozy fire with your honey, some hot apple cider and a good favorite movie.
How shimery is that?
How lucky was I to catch the glimmer from the Wink of Stella and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter paper…
And a peek inside…
The foundation for this card is watercolor paper…it all starts there.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Tranquil Tide Cardstock
- Ink: Archival Basic Black. I used watercolors but you could substitute reinker in Pacific Point, Pool Party and Rich Razzleberry.
- Stamps: Quilted Christmas (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Card Front Builder Framelits, 1-1/2″ Circle Punch, Aqua Painter, White Paint Pen or Art Masking Liquid to make snow and Clear Wink of Stella. If you have watercolors, here are the sky colors I used Ultramarine Blue, Ultramarine Violet and Phthalo Green plus Pool Party 1/4″ Glimmer Ribbon
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″. Score at 5-1/2″, fold and burnish with bone folder.
- The Tranquil Tide layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- The watercolor paper layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Add low tack tape around watercolor paper to create a border. If you are using a masking liquid apply now. With your Aqua Painter wet just where you want the sky color to go. Add your colors in stripes across horizontally and let the watercolor paper do the work for you. Let the paper dry naturally. When dry add your snow with white paint pen if you didn’t using masking liquid.
- Add Clear Wink of Stella to the sky area.
- Cut a 1-1/2″ circle from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper. Using the tree framelit cut the top of two trees from this circle.
- Cut three trees using framelit from Tranquil Tide CS. Cut just the tops of the tree trees from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper.
- Stamp sentiment at lower left corner in Archival Basic Black. Remove masking liquid if you used it.
- Attach “moon” with multipurpose glue to right side. Add trees inside circle with multipurpose glue.
- Add Glimmer tree tops to left snow bank.
- Add ribbon to top attaching behind with SNAIL.
- Add watercolor layer to card front with multipurpose glue and weight it down.
- Inside the Tranquil Tide layer is 4-3/8″ x 3-3/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″. Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black, then attach with SNAIL
- Add tree in lower right corner with SNAIL.
I love this card…I love the colors and the atmosphere created. It really is peaceful!
The posts of this week are ready and I can’t wait to share them with you, so I hope you will stop by each day to take a look.
What a beautiful, cool and clear fall day today. Hope your day is awesome too!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
every. single. day.
Come get inky with me….be HaPpY!