Are you ready for another card using the Birthday Delivery Suite?
Here’s another interactive card that is really easy to assemble…
How cute is that?
with the slider closed…
with the slider open and message showing…
glamour shot for the fox…
and a peek inside.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Dapper Denim (because I don’t have any Pacific Point!) and Thick Whisper White Cardstock, plus Birthday Memories Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Real Red and Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Birthday Delivery
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Birthday Friends Framelits Dies, Balloon Honeycomb Embellishments, Word Punch (retired, you can substitute Classic Label Punch), Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Urban Underground Embellishments
- The Dapper Denim base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″.
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″.
- The two DSP layers are 2-1/2″ top and 2″ bottom. Attach to Whisper White layer with SNAIL. Using the punch, insert layer into punch as far as it will go and centered…punch. Line up punch on right side and punch. Repeat for left side. You should now have an opening on the bottom of this layer for the slider.
- Let’s make that slider…Cut a piece of Dapper Denim 1-3/4″ x 6″. Cut a piece of DSP 1″ x 6″ and attach to center of CS with SNAIL. Cut one end with Scalloped Tag Topper Punch. Add star from Urban Underground Embellishments at punched end.
- Using the front layer as a pattern, draw with pencil around opening onto the Dapper Denim base card. Cut a piece of Whisper White 1″ x 5-1/4″. Attach this piece to the base card over the pencil tracing. Now lay the top layer down and trace the opening again being careful to have the layer exactly where you are going to attach it and trace the opening on the Whisper White lightly. Stamp you sentiment inside your pencil markings. Remove pencil line with eraser.
- Now turn over the top layer and with the slider in place, add Adhesive Strips on both sides and the end of the slider channel for a stop. Also add strips around the top and side edges. Remove protective paper and attach to card base. Slide in your slider to be sure it works. You may need to trip the straight end if the slider is too long.
- Cut fox from DSP with Framelit Die. Cut another fox from Whisper White and glue together with multipurpose glue. Stamp banner in black ink on Whisper White CS. Add sentiment in Real Red. Cut another banner out of Whisper White and glue to back of stamped banner with multipurpose glue.
- With slider in place add two dimensions stacked at far right of opening. Add fox over these stacked dimensionals. Glue sentiment banner to his paw. Let dry. Add balloon just to right of fox’s left shoulder. Look what you did? How awesome is that?
- Inside there is a Whisper White layer 4″ x 5-1/4″. The HB sentiment is in Real Red. The mouse and his hat were fussy cut and added with multipurpose glue. The strip of DSP is 1/2″ x 5-1/4″ added with SNAIL.
My experience has been that people love these interactive cards. I hope you will give this card a try. Once you’ve made one, you’ll duplicate it over and over.
Thanks so much for stopping by today.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
And if you keep your fingers inky…you’ll be HaPpY!