It is amazing to me this stamp set is seeing ink for the first time…I mean, I loved this set from the “git go” and couldn’t wait to create with it.
What happened? A lot of life and other creations!
But today I have a little Seaside Art to share…
Whoa! Isn’t that fun? I’ll give you all the Stuff ‘N Digits today and if there is enough interest I may make a video tutorial…
Here’s a different view and close up…
and from the top…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock
- Ink: Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Baked Brown Sugar and Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: High Tide and Wherever You Go (sunrays)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Sponge for each color, Artist Tape, Adhesive Strips
- Here’s the tape I use for crisp edges every time…
- Before starting this piece, a little practice on my grid paper gave me the confidence to go for it on my cardstock…
- This is how I set up the cardstock with the Artist Tape…
- Here I’m reusing the artist tape. Taping down on the grid paper makes it easy to get perfect straight margins.
- Cut the Thick Whisper White card base 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, score, fold and burnish at 4-1/4″
- Cut the top layer of Thick Whisper White CS 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″. Tape to grid paper. I taped in two squares of the grid paper on all sides (makes a nice border).
- First stamp the lighthouse in Archival Basic Black positioned to the right side and almost to the bottom. Let this dry! Or heat to dry. Stamp again on post it note and mask the lighthouse. Leave this mask on until all sponging and stamping is done. You are going to love taking this off…I bet you do a little HaPpY dance!
- Start at the top with Marina Mist and a sponge. Leave some areas white to indicate clouds.
- Sponge Daffodil Delight next in a swirling motion and blend into the sky area.
- The using Calypso Coral and masking a horizon line sponge blending into the Daffodil Delight a bit.
- Turn the mask to cover the top and sponge Pool Party for the water.
- At the bottom sponge Baked Brown Sugar blending into the Pool Party a bit. I know this is a retired color. Feel free to substitute.
- Add mask at bottom of horizon line again and stamp a portion of the sun with Calypso Coral. Stamp sunrays over sun. Remove the horizon mask.
- Stamp water waves on the Pool Party.
- Stamp sand around lighthouse with full strength Baked Brown Sugar.
- Stamp seaweed in lower left corner.
- Stamp birds in sky.
- With your Calypso Coral sponge add reflection in water.
- Now for the fun. Remove lighthouse mask and carefully remove border tape.
- I know you’re dancing!
- This piece was mounted on the card front with Adhesive Strips. You can see I added my artist signature to the lower right corner. You should do the same!
If you try this you will love it. And I’d love to hear from you too!
Yesterday Sweetums and I traveled to Nashville to attend our g’daughter, Kendall’s, baby shower. My daughter, who is currently living in Seoul, South Korea, attend via FaceTime. Here’s a pic of both of them…
Kelly, my daughter, stayed and chatted with everyone there and was able to watch Kendall and Morgan open all their gifts….making lemonade from lemons!
We are going to have 70s temps all week. I do believe Spring is here!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Try this new technique…you’ll be HaPpY!