Three days and counting…OnStage Atlanta is right around the corner! Am I ready you ask? Kinda…sorta.
But at this point I’m feeling very confident all my ducks will be in a row on Thursday before heading off to Atlanta…I’m close, really close.
But this weeks’ posts are beautiful and I’m looking forward to sharing them with you. Today’s post I’m calling “Rustic Merry Christmas” because some elements are tattered and rustic, while others are very elegant. Always an interesting combination…
Woodgrain, tattered and distressed edges give this card a rustic look as do the swirly bird swirls in Baked Brown Sugar. While the 5/8″ Gold Satin Ribbon and sequins along with the Gold Foil layer lend a more elegant look. I love this combination…
Here’s a peek inside…
Smaller and more simple pieces coordinate with the card cover leaving plenty of room for your personal holiday message.
If you like the rustic/elegant combo, here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Basic Black, Thick Whisper White, Baked Brown Sugar, Old Olive and Mossy Meadow Cardstock, plus Gold Foil
- Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, VersaMark
- Stamps: Woodgrain (background), Timeless Textures (distressed border) Hang Your Stocking (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Swirly Scribbles Thinlits, Pretty Pines Thinlits, Linen Threa, 5/8″ Gold Satin Ribbon, Gold Sequins and Gold Embossing Powder
- The Basic Black base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Gold Foil layer is 5-1/4″ x 4″ attached to card front with Multipurpose Glue
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 3-3/4″ x 5″. Stamp Woodgrain background in Baked Brown Sugar. Stamp edges with Timeless Textures stamp and Baked Brown Sugar. Distress edges. Attached to Gold Foil layer with Multipurpose Glue.
- Cut one Swirly Bird wreath in Baked Brown Sugar and one in Gold Foil. Add Gold Foil first to card front with small dots of Multipurpose Glue. Add Baked Brown Sugar swirly over Gold Foil Swirly slightly askew with Multipurpose Glue.
- Cut six or seven pine boughs in Old Olive and Mossy Meadow. Add to left side of swirls with Multipurpose Glue. Cut two Whisper White mistletoe pieces over pine boughs.
- Make double loops with Gold 5/8″ Satin Ribbon and tie in center with Linen Thread. Add to side of wreath with Glue Dots.
- Stamp sentiment in VersaMark Ink, sprinkle with Gold Embossing Powder and heat.
- Add three gold sequins to card front.
- Inside the Gold Foil layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-3/4″ attached with Multipurpose Glue. The Thick Whisper White layer is 3″ x 4-1/2″. Cut two small swirly’s one in Gold Foil and one in Baked Brown Sugar. Cut one pine bough and add to bottom right corner with Multipurpose Glue.
I drew this card out in my planner last night deciding on colors and stamps. Then when I get into my studio, the card goes together much faster. Tomorrow’s post and Wednesday’s are already sketched in my book for you. On Thursday I’ll share my “Roomie Gift Bags” for On Stage including what’s inside (I hope they will like them!), Friday I’ll share my swap card for OnStage and Saturday I’ll post snapshots and maybe a “live” feed from OnStage. Next week I’ll post some of my favorite swaps received for you to enjoy. The talent and creativity always amazes…
Hope your day is going well. We are experiencing another record-breaking temperature of 90 degrees on Halloween!… and still no rain in sight.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
today is the day.
Have a HaPpY HaLlOwEeN!