Yesterday this stamp set arrived at my door…
and I’ve done nothing but play with it since! These stamps give a beautiful, detailed image.
So here is one of the cards…(there will be others!)
I couldn’t help myself, I had to try water coloring it first…
A glamour close up…
And a peek inside.
There really aren’t a lot of Stuff ‘N Digits for this card…it’s pretty simply actually…
Stuff ‘N Digits
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Basic Black Cardstock, plus water color paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Floral Statements
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Water color paint, Small brush, Low Tack Tape, Adhesive Strips, Black Embossing Powder
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Basic Black layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″
- The water color layer is 3-3/4″ x 5″. Use low tack tape around the edges of the water color paper. Stamp image in Archival Basic Black, sprinkle immediately with Black EP and heat. Choose from your water colors a dark and light green and the color for the roses in a dark and light color. Add a light covering of water to an area and then the lighter color. Continue to finish all areas with this light color. Go back and add a small amount of the darker shade. Let the damp water color paper do most of the work for you. Add the darker shades indicated by the stamp designer and you will be pleased with your results. Let all that dry.
- Dampen all the background with a light amount of water. Choose your background color and add it lightly first. You can always use a tissue to remove color or create a mottled look to your background. Let dry completely.
- Add artwork layer to Basic Black layer with Tear Tape. Add to card front with Strip Adhesive.
- Don’t forget to sign your artwork!
- Inside the Basic Black layer is 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ attached with SNAIL.
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- Color smaller rose stem with markers, huff before stamping.
I really hope you will give this technique with this stamp set (or any stamp) a try. You will be amazed with your results. If you remember to lightly dampen and apply color lightly. It will always dry lighter and you can always add more color.
Well, dang, if it isn’t Friday again! Have an awesome weekend!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me…be HaPpY or make someone else HaPpY!