Doors with color are my favorite. Personally my door is red, but today I have a card for you to send out in the fall with a blue door…
A Pacific Point blue door…
I like the wreaths behind the lanterns. The background was done on water color paper.
Side angle. This door doesn’t open.
And a place to write your message inside.
I want to send this card to someone who has a birthday in the fall or as a Happy Thanksgiving card. I need to put this one somewhere where I can find it. Hmmm….
This bundle really has everything you need for these “door” cards for each season. I do like the windows of the door punched out. You could slip a piece of Daffodil Delight behind them to look like lights are on behind the door. Just a random thought…you know how my mind jumps hither ‘n thither.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Crumb Cake and Thick Whisper White Cardstock, plus water color paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Lemon Lime Twist, More Mustard, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Pacific Point
- Stamps: At Home With You
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: small round paint brush, At Home Framelits and Brick Wall Embossing Folder
- The Crumb Cake base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The water color paper background layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Color all of the water color paper with a light wash of Smoky Slate Reinker. and the bottom 1″ go over with with Soft Suede once the Smoky Slate has dried. Add Smoky Slate ink to inside of Brick Wall Embossing Folder, add water color layer inside and run through Big Shot to get brick/block effect. Add this layer to card front with multipurpose glue.
- Stamp two wreaths, two lanterns, one sign, one pumpkin/sunflower, one door and a welcome sign with Archival Basic Black on water color paper. Using reinker and small round paint brush, paint each piece. Use Pacific Point marker around window and door frame. Cut all pieces out with coordinating framelits.
- Stamp sign holder bow to from of door and add sign with dimensionals. Add door to card front with multipurpose glue.
- Add wreaths to either side of door with multipurpose glue.
- Add lanterns to either side of door over wreaths with dimensionals.
- Add “welcome” mat under door with multipurpose glue.
- Add pumpkins/sunflowers to one side of door with dimensionals.
- Inside the card there is a Thick Whisper White layer 4″ x 5-1/4″ stamped with pumpkin/sunflowers in Archival Black and colored with brush/markers. Be sure to add a shadow for the arrangement to sit on.
I really like the way the washed water color paper in the background “took” the embossing folder ink and impression. Really adds to the overall effect of this card front. Plus blue and orange or complimentary colors on the wheel and almost always look great together.
Hope your are having the best Thursday and have all your plans made for the Memorial Day Weekend.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
And you can be HaPpY if your fingers are inky!