Today’s project is the type I love to do…3-D, Home Décor. If you are a demo, you’ll likely recognize the design. When the Succeed Magazine arrived last month, the framed piece on the cover spoke to me.
Here’s my take on that project…
Before you ask I’ll tell you the frame has a stand in the back where it can sit on a table or shelf or you can hang it. Found it at Hobby Lobby and would have bought more but this was the only one they had. The clip would allow for seasonal changes to the look…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you.
- Paper: Sahara Sand and Whisper White cardstock, plus Going Places and Wildflower Fields DSP and Vellum
- Ink: Basic Black
- Stamps: Going Global
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread (I go through yards), World Traveler Embossing Folder, Butterfly Thinlets, Hearts Framelits or Punch
- The background DSP measures 6″ x 7″
- The second DSP measures 5″ x 6″ attached to background DSP with adhesive
- The Sahara Sand layer measures 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ attached to background layers with dimensionals after embossing with World Traveler EF
- Add a couple of dimensionals to the center of these background layer and twirl some Linen Thread loops around and attach to dimensionals
- Cut a piece of dark DSP 4 1/2″ x 2″ and tag each end. Attach to Sahara Sand layer with dimensionals. In the center of this layer add a 1/2″ piece of Whisper White and a 3/8″ piece of the first background paper with adhesive. Tag each end to match larger piece.
- Cut largest butterfly once and two of the next smaller butterfly thinlet, one in Whisper White. Attach butterflies with glue dots.
- Cut heart from Vellum with framelits or punch (whichever you have). Attach with glue dots to top of butterfly layer.
- Stamp love on Whisper White and “fussy cut”. Attach with glue dots bending in center for dimension.
Once all the pieces were cut, this beauty went together in no time. I’m thinking this project is staying in my family room and I’ll change out the artwork with the season or to showcase a favorite photo.
Hope your schedule has opened up some as we get closer to Christmas and all your projects are finished. Make some sweet memories and enjoy!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Let’s get inky together…and Be HaPpY!