Have you ever heard “when you find a feather, an angel is nearby”? With all my heart I hope that is true.
Today’s post features a Washi Tape feather with the sweetest sentiment…
Here’s the inside…
And I love the angel wing look of the Linen Thread bow with the feathers.
I remember one year at the Salt Lake City Convention Shelli Gardner (co-founder of SU!) demonstrating how to make these feathers out of Washi Tape and for some reason she got the giggles and just couldn’t stop! Everyone in the audience caught the same giggle bug…a sweet memory.
So would you like the Stuff ‘N Digits for this card? Here you go…
- Paper: Crumb Cake, Sugar Plum and Whisper White cardstock
- Ink: Basic Black, Sugar Plum and Crumb Cake
- Stamps: Layering Love and Gorgeous Grunge (splats)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, White Florist Wire, Playful Pal Washi Tape, Sugar Plum Ruched Ribbon
- The Crumb Cake base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Sugar Plum layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ attached to card front with adhesive
- The top Crumb Cake layer is 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″. Stamp sentiment in Basic Black. Stamp Gorgeous Grunge splats in Crumb Cake ink over right side. Add a strip of Washi Tape at top and cover with a piece of Sugar Plum Ruched Ribbon attached with adhesive to back. Attach this layer to card front with adhesive.
- To make feathers cut a piece of white florist wire 3″ long. Attach Washi Tape to one side leaving 1″ without tape doubling over end and onto itself and cut. Trim ends to round. Trim each side of Washi Tape to fringe. Attach feathers to card front over ribbon to the right side.
- Make Linen Thread bow and attach with glue dots. If you’d like to watch my youtube video on how to make this bow, you can find it here.
- Inside there is a 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ layer of Sugar Plum with a 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ layer of Whisper White on top. Add a strip of Washi Tape at bottom
- The envelope also has a couple of stripes of Washi Tape to coordinate with the card.
This sentiment would work so well for a new baby congratulations don’t you think?
Hope your holiday weekend is filled with fun things and you find a feather or two along the way…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
We should definitely check this out…
Are you inky? Me too…and HaPpY!