Found in my squirrel trap…a Jenny Wren!
Was it the momma bird to the five babies in the front porch planter?
Google gave all the information for feeding. They did have feathers but their eyes weren’t open yet.
Just their little beaks gaping at me.
Oh no! High protein kitty litter was purchased and soaked. Eggs were boiled and smashed and tweezers were ready.
Just waiting for the eggs to cool and wondering how I was going to catch spiders and bugs to feed every hour from sunup to sunset when I took a peek…
There was momma!
Oh thank goodness.
The dogs ate the eggs and the spiders and bugs on my front porch are safe.
So skipping to my studio all happy now I start looking through emails. LeAnne Pugliese had posted the cutest card on Paper Pals that inspired this…
This would make a good “all occasion” card… but it would work well for Mother’s Day, too. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Sahara Sand, Blackberry Bliss and Whisper White cardstock plus Painted Petals DSP
- Ink: Blackberry Bliss and Pear Pizazz
- Stamps: Crazy About You
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Scallop Circle Punch, Itty Bitty Heart Punch. 1 1/2, 1 1/4 and 1″ Square Punch, Basic Pearls, Spring Flowers Embossing Folder
- The Sahara Sand base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- The Blackberry Bliss layer is 4 1/2″ x 3 1/4″
- The Sahara Sand squares are 1 1/2″
- The smaller squares are 1 1/4″
- Inside the card there is a 3 x 4″ Whisper White layer with a layer square of 1 1/4″ and 1″ Blackberry Bliss and DSP in the right lower corner.
- Stamp the sentiment on scrap Whisper White and trim to 3/4″ x 2 1/2″, tag one end
- Punch out Blackberry Bliss heart
- Stamp flower and leaves on scrap and punch flower with Scallop Circle Punch and “fuzzy cut” the leaves
- Emboss a piece of Whisper White with Spring Flowers EF and punch with 1 1/4″ punch
- Attach the Blackberry Bliss 4 1/2 x 3 1/4 layer to card front with dimensionals
- Layer and attach each square with Tomboy Glue. The heart, flower and sentiment are on a dimensionals
- Add large pearl to flower and three small pearls to heart.
- Add assembled squares to card front with Tomboy Glue.
- Emboss the envelope flap with the Spring Flower EF
- Don’t forget your personalized stamp on the back of the card.
Hope this card inspires you too. Thanks so much for stopping by.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Let’s get inky together…and Be HaPpY!