This stamp set was on my top ten priority list when the Annual Catalog was released this past summer.
So why has it taken me so long to ink it up?
You really don’t want to hear that list…it might just sound like whining! But this week this set finally saw ink for the first time and I just couldn’t stop making flowers…
isn’t that awesome?
Perfect for my entry way…two home décor projects in one week? What’s this world coming to?
What fun! The secret is in the water color paper…
Here’s what I’m thinking…wouldn’t this make the best gift for someone in the hospital, nursing home or hostess thank you gift? Well, anytime really but you certainly wouldn’t have any worries keeping these orchids alive. The plant pictured is one I had that was finished blooming. I always try to bring them back…NEVER works for me!
Here’s some tips in Stuff ‘N Digits if you’d like to challenge Mother Nature too…
- Paper: Water Color Paper
- Ink: Lemon Lime Twist, Daffodil Delight, Sweet Sugar Plum
- Stamps: Climbing Orchid
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Orchid Builder Framelits, Aqua Painter or Medium Round Brush
- Work on one flower piece at a time. Stamp the outline in Lemon Lime Twist on Water Color paper.
- With brush and clean water move the ink to cover the piece. Drop some Daffodil Delight reinker toward the center and let it “bloom” while the previous color is still wet. Drop some Sweet Sugar Plum at the center and let it bloom.
- Continue with each flower or flower piece. Let dry completely.
- Stamp outline stamp again in Lemon Lime Twist. Stamp detail stamp in Lemon Lime Twist.
- Cut out with Orchid Builder Framelits. Using your bone folder, break down the paper fibers by curling the paper then assemble.
- Here I used hot glue to attach the flowers to the stem. Ouch!
There are already several projects in various stages of completion all over the studio. Some cards and more arrangements, but smaller ones. Orchids in different color combinations. Have you researched all the different colors orchids come in? I’ll share these with you soon…
It’s “hump” day and the weekend will be here before we know it…plan accordingly!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
waste of your time…
Come get inky with me…be HaPpY!