“Thinking of You” I consider the perfect sentiment for what I call an “all occasion” card.
So today’s post along with this sentiment is also one more of my favorite “pressing” of nature cards (I have many now thanks to Lydia Fiedler!)…
These are very young and tender Japanese Maple leaves. They turn green as they mature.
Look at all that intricate veining…
The water color paper had to be trimmed so the piece was used inside the card.
If you haven’t already, you need to try this technique with your Big Shot and any nature plant you want…it’s addictive!
Here’s your “Stuff ‘N Digits” for this post…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Old Olive, Basic Black and water color paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black (Mother Nature did all the rest!)
- Stamps: Colorful Seasons (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments:
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Old Olive layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached to card front with multipurpose glue
- The Basic Black layer is 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ attached to card front with multipurpose glue
- The water color paper layer is 3-3/4″ x 5″. Sandwich your nature clipping between two pieces of water color paper. Fold a piece of copy paper and add your water color “sandwich” inside. Run through Big Shot between two cutting plates. You will have a positive and negative image for your card making…both equally beautiful! Add your sentiment in Archival Basic Black at lower left corner.
- Layer the water color paper to card front with multipurpose glue.
- Inside I have a layer of Old Olive 1-1/4″ x 5-1/4″ and a piece of water color art 1-1/8″ x 5-1/8″ attached with multipurpose glue to each other and to inside of card.
You are going to love making these impressions and then creating the most beautiful all occasion cards. What a great stash to have on hand.
Hope your day is awesome…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
If you want to be HaPpY…try getting those fingers inky!