Have you ever wished you had the perfect card to send to a friend who is struggling with a difficult life journey? Today’s post just might be the answer…
There are many artists blogs that I find always interesting, none more than Sandi McIver. Check out her blog here. So one day watching one of her “live” videos, I love a card she was doing with the cowboy boots and a masked technique. Anyone who knows me or follows this blog knows my favorite technique is masking! So today’s card was inspired by Sandi’s technique not using cowboy boots but the Beautiful You stamp set…
Isn’t this sentiment perfect for so many difficult situations?
a little close up of the masked area…
and a peek inside…
Do you like this look? I’ve made a set of these Beautiful You cards each with a different sentiment for a friend. I can tell you Sandi’s cowboy boots looked awesome with a woodgrain in the background. You may be able to see in the close up, I used the Lovely As A Tree for this card in the background.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Sahara Sand Cardstock, plus Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Sahara Sand, Old Olive, Archival Basic Black, Soft Sky and Blushing Bride
- Stamps: Beautiful You and Gorgeous Grunge (splat) and Lovely As A Tree
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Post It Note, Sponge, Blender Pen and Envelope Liner Framelit
- The Sahara Sand base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The Succulent Garden DSP is 4-1/8″ X 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Cut a piece of copy paper the same size as Whisper White. Cut a slit in center and start tearing a shape big enough for the stamp to fit inside. Add a small amount of SNAIL to back of copy paper at each corner and four places around center opening. Be sure to take most of the sticky off with your fingers before attaching to your Whisper White layer.
- Stamp girl in Archival Basic Black. Then stamp again on Post It paper and “fussy cut”. Save this piece in your stamp set container to be used again. Cover the girl image with mask. Use a sponge and lightly sponge over the entire area with both masks in place. Ink Lovely as a tree with Old Olive and stamp. Ink Gorgeous Grunge splat with Sahara Sand. I stamped and pulled the stamp in one direction to create movement. You don’t have to do this, but I like it. Stamp umbrella on DSP and “fussy cut”. Glue over umbrella image. Remove masking from girl and card front layer…Magic!!!! Do you love the effect?
- Now color her dress in Soft Sky with the Blender Pen, her skin with Blushing Bride (lightly) and her hair with Sahara Sand.
- Add sentiment to top left. Now add this layer to card front with SNAIL.
- Inside there is a layer of Thick Whisper White 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ with a small strip of DSP added at the bottom with SNAIL.
- You can see the envelope was lined with the same DSP.
There are two more cards to this set that I will share with you over the next two days using this same technique. I hope you will give this a try if you haven’t tried it before and let me know if you like it.
We still have no baby…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Keep those fingers inky and you’ll be HaPpY!