This technique goes back at least a couple of decades if not more, but this time I’ve added coloring with the new Blends Pens!
Not really leather but a good facsimile…
You couldn’t do this technique with the photopolymer stamps.
Here you can see the impressed image somewhat better.
And this peek inside.
Next month is my biggest birthday month…my calendar is full! Several of the birthdays are masculine so I made this card in an effort to plan ahead a bit. Especially since I will be out of town in SLC, Utah for almost a week.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits…you may have a busy birthday month coming up and need masculine cards too…
- Paper: Thick Very Vanilla Cardstock plus Coffee Break Designer Series Paper’=
- Ink: Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Count My Blessings
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Blends Pens Old Olive, Crumb Cake and Daffodil Delight, 1″ and 1-1/4″ Circle Punch, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Tan Fun Foam
- The Thick Very Vanilla base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″. Score at 5-1/2″, fold and burnish with a bone folder.
- The first Thick Very Vanilla layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- The first DSP layer (woodgrain) is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached with SNAIL.
- The vertical Thick Very Vanilla layer is 2-1/8″ x 5-1/4″ attached with SNAIL.
- The striped DSP vertical layer is 2″ x 5-1/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- Punch a 1-1/4″ circle of the striped DSP and stamp the sentiment in Archival Basic Black on scrap Thick Very Vanilla CS then punch with 1-1/4″ Circle Punch. Attach together with SNAIL and to card front with dimensionals.
- Cut a circle from the tan Fun Foam with the Stitched Circle Framelit. The one I used is 2-7/8″ in diameter. Heat the Fun Foam with Heat Gun until hot then press stamp into Fun Foam and hold.
- With the side of the Early Espresso marker I colored the raw edge of the Fun Foam. Then using the new Blends Pens I colored from the lightest color and shaded with the darker. I used the Daffodil Delight over everything to bring a brightness to the colors. Sponge top edges of foam with Soft Suede getting lighter toward the center. Add to card front with multipurpose glue.
- Inside the dark (woodgrain) DSP layer is 4-3/8″ x 3-3/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- The Thick Very Vanilla layer is 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ attached with SNAIL.
- Cut a 1″ x 3-3/8″ piece of striped DSP and a 3/4″ x 3-3/8″ piece of the dark (woodgrain) DSP. Layer and attached with SNAIL.
Hope your weekend plans are for fun with family and friends.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
or leave it all behind?
Enjoy your weekend and remember, stay inky…be HaPpY!