SU! has beautiful designer series paper, but sometimes it’s fun to create your own especially when a stamp set offers you the perfect stamp to make it with. And that’s just what I’ve done today…
I love the background repeats not only the color but a smaller version of the focal point.
This close up shows details in the background and the main image.
A side view shows how the Adhesive Strips lift the water color and sentiment layers.
And a peek inside.
I’m loving working/playing with this stamp set. The design is so intricate.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Berry Burst, Thick Whisper White Cardstock, plus water color paper
- Ink: Flirty Flamingo, Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist, Old Olive and Archival Basic Black plus White Craft Ink
- Stamps: Graceful Garden
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Layered Square Framelits, 5/8″ Crinkled Berry Burst Seam Binding, Adhesive Strips, Small Round Brush, Embossing Buddy, White Embossing Powder
- The Berry Burst base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The Whisper White layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The Berry Burst layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Use the Embossing Buddy all over the surface before stamping in Craft White Ink and sprinkling with White Embossing Powder and heating. Attach to card front over Thick Whisper White layer with SNAIL.
- The next Thick Whisper White layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″.
- The Berry Burst layer is 3-1/8″ x 4-1/8″ attached to Whisper White layer with SNAIL.
- The water color layer is 3″ x 4″. Color the stamp image with Flirty Flamingo, Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist and Old Olive markers. I general cover the whole flower with the lighter Flirty Flamingo first and go back and add the Berry Burst here and there. Same with the stem and leaves and the greens. When you stamp on the water color paper, huff your image and hold it in place on the water color paper longer than normal to give the ink time to seep into the porus paper. Go over the image with a small round brush and water to “move” the ink and fill in the spaces. It’s always nice to leave a sparkle of white here and there. Add the splatters with the Berry Burst marker using the top of the marker and flicking the brush end out over your work.
- Attach the water color layer to the other two layers with Tear Tape. Tie a piece of Berry Burst ribbon around the bottom of these three layers. Add Adhesive strip to back of all three layers and place on card front centered.
- Cut a scalloped square from Berry Burst. Stamp sentiment on scrap Thick Whisper White CS and cut with cooresponding stitched square framelit. Attach together with SNAIL. Add single dimensional where the card covers the artwork and double dimensionals where it doesn’t and attach at lower left corner of card front.
- Inside the Thick Whisper White layer is 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″attached with SNAIL. Stamp the leaf using Lemon Lime Twist with Old Olive twice without reinking.
How much fun was that? I hope you will be inspired to give these techniques a try.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I’ve been receiving lots of gifts lately…
Be inky…Be HaPpY!