I’m so ready for spring nd my wishing just may come true tomorrow…from the 20’s to the 60’s. Unbelievable. But you will hear no complaining here.
In celebration of what I know is coming, here is a pretty spring flower card with a little twist for you…
Bright. Springy. And look inside…
Aha…a little surprise. This Z-fold card is interactive and pretty dang easy to make. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Daffodil Delight, Whisper White cardstock
- Ink: Memento Black, Strawberry Slush, Blushing Bride, Coastal Cabana, Pool Party, Hello Honey and Daffodil Delight
- Stamps: Stippled Rose and Project Life So You (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 5/8″ Daffodil Delight Satin Ribbon, Ovals Framelits, Perfect Polka Dots EF, Oval Punch and Basic Pearls
- The Daffodil Delight base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The Whisper White layer is 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″, Embossed with Perfect Polka Dot EF
- I used the third from center oval from the framelits to make the opening on this layer and the card front. I attached the Whisper White layer to the card and cut both at the same time.
- The layer inside the card is 5″ x 6″, scored with the 6″ side up on your scoring tool at 2″ and 4″.
- To make the Daffodil Delight “frame” for the front of the card, use two framelits at the same time. Attach to card front with Tombow.
- Stamp the three stippled roses on Whisper White and “fussy” cut. Stamp three leaf pairs and cut them out too.
- Attach with glue dots the Daffodil Delight ribbon to the Whisper White oval. Attach the Daffodil Delight rose to this oval with Tombow.
- Mountain and Valley fold the inside piece.
- Stamp the rose bud to the inside piece before attaching with adhesive to the back panel.
- Close the card front and attach Whisper White oval with attached rose to inside panel. Attach a three inch piece of ribbon to the left side.
- Stamp sentiment in Memento Black on Daffodil Delight and punch with Oval Punch. Add three Basic Pearls and adhere with dimensionals to card front.
- Working from the front of the card, attach two other roses and leaves.
- This card doesn’t open like some others that open all the way because the roses keep it from doing that, but it does open. Hold the ribbon and pull the back of the card.
- The envelope was lined and stamped too.
This card should brighten anyone’s day no matter what time of year, but especially now as spring is just around the corner.
Don’t forget to change your clocks tomorrow night to spring forward. Most states will be changing to Daylight Savings Time…Yay!
Here is your “B-ism” for today…
Get yourself inky….Be HaPpY!
Add Basic Pearls to rose centers and to sentiment oval.