The month of November is a B-I-G birthday month for me…so big I’ve started half way through October planning all the special cards that need to be made.
Today’s post is one of those cards…
and inside it looks like…
I love the rustic feel of this card with the woodgrain and distressing and you can always put blues and browns together for a nice color combination…and in this case a pop of yellow.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Baked Brown Sugar (I know it’s retired, but I liked this brown with this blue), Soft Sky Cardstock
- Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry and Basic Black
- Stamps: Birthday Blooms, Woodgrain (background), Timeless Texture and Timeless Love
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Distressing Tool for edge distressing, Aqua Painter
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Baked Brown Sugar layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The Soft Sky layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Stamp Woodgrain background in Baked Brown Sugar and the edges with Timeless Texture border stamp in Baked Brown Sugar. Distress edges and attach to card front with SNAIL
- The next horizontal Soft Sky layer is 5″ x 2-1/2″, stamped with Woodgrain background stamp in Baked Brown Sugar and Timeless Texture border stamp. Distress edges and attach to card front with SNAIL
- The next horizontal Baked Brown Sugar layer is 2-1/8″ x 4-3/4″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The Whisper White layer is 2″ x 4-5/8″. Drawn border freehand in Baked Brown Sugar and stamp sentiment. Stamp rose on scrap Thick Whisper White and “fussy cut” just the rose. Using reinker in stamp pad lid and Aqua Painter, paint rose in Daffodil Delight and shade with Crushed Curry. When dry lay face down on sponge mat and using a round ended pen or stylus break down the fibers so that the rose curls up a bit. Add double dimensionals to back. Stamp the whole rose again on scrap and “fussy cut”. Add a light shade of Baked Brown Sugard to leaves. Attach to card front with SNAIL. Add painted rose over this layer using dimensionals you’ve already placed on back.
- The Linen Thread bow video can be found here.
- Inside the Soft Sky layer is 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″. Stamp like front layers for background and distressing
- The Whisper White layer is 4″ x 3″. Stamp sentiment in Baked Brown Sugar. Stamp small flower from Timeless Love to the right of sentiment and color with a light shade of Baked Brown Sugar. Stamp flower again on scrap and color with Daffodil Delight and Crushed Curry. Fussy cut and add over stamped image with double dimensionals. The border is hand drawn with Baked Brown Sugar marker.
This card was fun to make….just took my time and enjoyed creating it.
We just got home last night. We drove to St. Louis and spent some touring time there and loved the city. Took tours of the Budweiser Brewery, the Cardinals baseball park, Baseball Village, the Arch, City Museum and ate amazing food. Then we came down to Nashville to celebrate friend’s 50th anniversary…sweet memories there! Then took my granddaughter to dinner before coming home. What a nice trip and the weather was perfect.
Hope your weekend was fabulous too. Thanks for stopping by today…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me…Be HaPpY!