It’s true…Sweetums and I have been married 50 years next month! We have had the most incredible, lucky life together…
A card kept sneaking into my mind to make for him, but finding the right time to be able to create it was difficult. Life kept getting in the way.
But this week there was an afternoon open when he was playing golf and I had nothing pressing and it was the perfect time to devote to this special card for him…
I knew it should look vintage and of course have gold included. The new Falling in Love Designer Series Paper had the perfect design…
It opens like this…
to reveal the inside. I hope to include a photo on the left side. You can see the envelope was treated with the same vintage theme. Here’s a close up…
He always appreciates my designs and I just know he will love this card and it will make my heart happy to give it to him!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla Cardstock, Gold Foil plus Falling in Love Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Sahara Sand, VersaMark Clear
- Stamps: Awesomely Artistic, Butterfly Basics and Number of Years
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Lace Doilies, 1/8″ Vanilla Satin Ribbon, Gold Embossing Powder, Large Numbers Framelits, Gold Baker’s Twine, Linen Thread
- The Sahara Sand base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The smaller Very Vanilla card is 8″ x 3-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4″
- Let’s work on the larger card first. Cut two pieces of DSP 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″. Sponge all edges with Sahara Sand and attach to both sides inside the larger card with SNAIL. On the front of the larger card cut the DSP 4″ x 5-1/4″. Sponge all edges with Sahara Sand. Cut a piece of Gold Foil 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ Attach to card front with multipurpose glue. Add sponged DSP on top with SNAIL.
- Now lets work on the small card. Attach to larger card inside with multipurpose glue so that it opens from left to right or opposite most cards.
- On the inside small panel cut a piece of DSP 3-1/4″ x 3-3/4″ and attach with SNAIL. Cut Very Vanilla CS 3″ x 3-1/2″. Attach over DSP layer with SNAIL. Cut a piece of Lace Doily to fit bottom right corner and sponge with Sahara Sand. Attach with sponge and multipurpose glue.
- On the right panel inside the smaller card cut a piece of DSP 3-1/4″ x 3-3/4″. Sponge edges with Sahara Sand and stamp a collage using Sahara Sand and stamps from Awesomely Artistic and Butterfly Basics stamp sets. Attach to panel with SNAIL.
- Now for the front of the smaller card cut a piece of Gold Foil 3-1/4″ x 3-3/4″.
- Cut a piece of DSP 3-1/8″ x 3-5/8″. Sponge edges with Sahara Sand and use the same stamp sets to stamp collage with Sahara Sand. Glue these two layers together with SNAIL. Add a band of 1/8″ Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon to left side and attach on back with SNAIL. Add these two layers to front of smaller card with multipurpose glue.
- Make a bow with several loops of Very Vanilla Ribbon and tie off in center with Linen Thread. Add to ribbon band with glue dots. Cut numbers from Gold Foil and add to card front with multipurpose glue. Stamp “TH” just above and to the right of the number.
- Cut a banner from Gold Foil. Stamp “anniversary” in VersaMark on scrap of Very Vanilla, sprinkle with Gold Embossing Powder and heat. Glue together with multipurpose glue leaving the gold layer showing at top. Add to card front with strip of adhesive.
- The envelope was treated like the layers, sponging edges with Sahara Sand and collaging the whole surface.
What a special celebration we will have and I know Sweetums will love his anniversary card. We plan several trips this year in celebration…
Thanks so much for stopping by today for this post. Hope you are having an awesome day!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I’m inky…and HaPpY!