At some point I know it was mentioned I am participating in a craft show this year…yikes! Am I ready? Noooooo! But I have been working on some cute items that just may be available at my booth…
I’m calling these Gift Card Cuties…
I like giving gifts cards actually…and receiving them. There are many I like to remember at the holidays even if it is only in a small way like a gift card. These little guys are pretty darn easy to put together and I’ve used all of the Christmas Cookie Cutter critters on them.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Crumb Cake, Real Red, Soft Suede Cardstock, plus Warmth and Cheer PaperStack
- Ink: Basic Black
- Stamps: Use almost any stamps you have. Here I have used a retired coffee cup and the Christmas Cookie Cutter set
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Large Oval Punch, Cookie Cutter Builder Punch, Tear Tape
- The base is 4″ x 11″, scored at 3″ 5-1/2″ and 8″. Make a mountain with the center fold. Inside that mountain place Tear Tape flush with sides except centerfold side and glue mountain together. Use large oval punch to make a partial oval punch. Trim remaining two straight sides (either side of oval opening) about 1/8″ so that gift card can slip inside. Fold like a book. Decorate front of holder with a piece of Real Red Cardstock 3-3/4″ x 2-3/4″ and DSP on top of that 3-1/2″ x 2-1/2″.
- Inside this holder there is a piece of Whisper White 3-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ with a stamp of Christmas wishes.
- The Belly Band is 1″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 3-1/8″ and 6-1/4″. Wrap card and secure with SNAIL by overlapping edges in back.
- The moose was stamped on Soft Suede and cut out with thinlit. Added to card belly band with dimensionals. Pom Pom was glued with Multipurpose Glue. The coffee cup was stamped on Crumb Cake, Real Red and Whisper White Cardstock and each piece was fussy cut and glued together. It’s really cute in person. Perfect for those coffee shop gift cards…
I’ve made so many of these in every possible way. Sure hope they are a hit at the craft show. We made them in classes this month too and everyone was surprised how easy they were to make. If you have never made one of these, I hope you will give them a try!
Thanks so much for stopping by today and taking a peek.
Here’s your “B-ism” today…
I love coffee.
Come get inky with me…Be HaPpY!