Lots of cake baking going on around the studio here…
If you have a special wedding coming up, here’s a sweet way to wrap your gift, or use as display at a shower or fill will lots of money!
Wouldn’t this cake make a great gift card holder…or money if you’re loaded. And, seriously, it’s so easy and goes together like a dream.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Mossy Meadow and Blushing Bride Cardstock, plus a few of the leaves from April’s Paper Pumpkin left over…just the right size for those little roses.
- Ink: None!
- Stamps: None!
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Gift Box Stamp Board, Basic Pearls, Spiral Flower Die, Circle Framelits, Itty Bitty Flower Punch, and Rose Garden Thinlets Die
- Cut Thick Whisper White squares 9″ x 9″, 8″ x 8″ and 6″ x 6″ scoring per board directions to create boxes 4″ x 4″ x 1.75″, 3.25″ x 3.25″ x 1.75″ and 1.75″ x 1.75″ x 1.75″. If you plan to add surprises inside, now is the time to place them before hot gluing them shut and stacked together.
- Cut the largest Circle Framelits with scallops from Blushing Bride and hot glue to bottom of largest box.
- Cut four Mossy Meadow leaf limbs and attach with Tombow glue down the front of boxes.
- Add strips of Basic Pearls at top box edge of each box.
- Punch eleven Itty Bitty flowers in Blushing Bride, round with bottom of piercing tool on foam mat and add pearl in each center. Attach to cake with glue dots.
- Cut out five roses in Blushing Bride with Spiral Flower Die. Twirl and attach to base and top of cake with hot glue. Bend and shape leaves before adding with hot glue. If you don’t have these small leaves you could use the leaves from the Bird Punch instead.
Wish there was a wedding coming up…this gift box would be a hit I’m sure! And no calories either…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Who is with me?
Let’s get REALLY inky and Be HaPpY!