A whole set of Whisper White note cards were transformed into adorable, silly thank you notes…which will come in handy after Christmas and even before. They will spread smiles near and far when opened, and my job will be done.
Here’s what they look like…
Would they put a smile on your face? While water coloring each chickie, I couldn’t help but keep a smile on my face…and I water colored 20 of them!
Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: 3-1/2″ x 5″ Whisper White Note Cards, Real Red Cardstock plus Water Color Paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Hello Chick …background chicken wire stamp is retired SU! but you could substitute the current Woodgrain background stamp.
- Tool’s ‘N Embellishments: Water Color Pencils, 1/8″ Real Red Ribbon, Punch or Framelit shape to cut out sentiment, Stitched Square Framelits, and Scalloped Square Framelits. I used the Ticket Punch here. You could use an Aqua Painter, Blender Pen or small round brush for painting.
- The 3-1/2″ x 5″ Whisper White Note Card front was stamped with chicken wire background stamp in Archival Basic Black.
- The Real Red Cardstock was cut with the Scalloped Square Framelit and attached to card front with dimensionals.
- The Water Color Paper was cut with the Stitched Square Framelits. Stamp image with Archival Basic Black. Color images with Water Color Pencils and use your choice to paint with water. Scribble some color around feet and paint. This “grounds” your image. Colors I used are Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Real Re.
- Attach Water Color Paper to Real Red Cardstock with multipurpose glue.
- Stamp off before stamping background on scrap Whisper White CS with Archival Basic Black. Stamp sentiment over this background and cut with shape of your choice. Add to card front with multipurpose glue. Make a small bow and attach at bottom corner with glue dot.
Tomorrow there will be several of these in mailboxes written with sincere thanks and hoping to bring smiles wherever they go!
We are having a frigid day here but when I see the weather up north and in the Midwest, I’ll not complain.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Have a HaPpY inky day!