This card today is up close and personal…it has been made for a really good friend of my daughter who has been diagnosed with cancer.
She is an amazing wife, mother, daughter, educator and friend. So many of those who know her have stepped up with encouragement and support of all kinds, which is wonderful.
It’s doubtful there is an existing family who has not been touched by this disease, so I was thrilled when Patty Bennett used her opportunity as a million dollar demonstrator to create this stamp set…
and the two new InColors Powder Pink and Berry Burst made an awesome color combination!
glamour close up featuring those Glitter Enamel Dots…
and a side view to show layers.
and a peek inside. Lots of room for positive thoughts and encouragement.
I hope you don’t have anyone in your life affected by cancer, but if you do, this may give you a starting point for your card of encouragement.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Powder Pink, Berry Burst and Thick Whisper White Cardstock, plus Fresh Floral Designer Series Paper in Powder Pink
- Ink: Berry Burst
- Stamps: Ribbon of Courage
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Berry Burst Woven Ribbon, Linen Thread, Glitter Enamel Dots
- The Powder Pink base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Berry Burst layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The two DSP layers are Powder Pink and are 1-1/4″ x 5-1/4″ attached to card front overlapping with SNAIL
- The second Berry Burst layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″, the Powder Pink layer is 3-1/8″ x 4-1/8″ and the Thick Whisper White layer is 3″ x 4″. Stamp sentiment using Berry Burst in top right corner of Whisper White layer. Stamp ribbon on scrap Thick Whisper White in Powder Pink and Berry Burst. Fussy Cut ribbon. Add ribbon to bottom of Whisper White attaching in the back with SNAIL
- Attach all three layers with SNAIL. Add cut out ribbon of courage with dimensionals. Add three pink Glitter Enamel Dots. Make a bow with several loops and tie in center with Linen Thread. Add over the ribbon band with glue dots.
- Add all layers at an angle to card front with dimensionals.
- Inside the Whisper White layer is 3-1/4″ x 5″ attached with SNAIL. Add a 1/2″ piece of DSP to the bottom with SNAIL.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope something in this post inspires you in your creative journey!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Stay inky…be HaPpY!