I do love color but sometimes just neutrals with maybe a little bling works great for an elegant look…
well…maybe a lot of bling!
Love all the texture…
This one won’t cost extra postage either.
And a peek inside.
Seriously I’m not an elegant person, but sometimes it’s fun to shoot for it. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Basic Black Cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and Copper Foil
- Ink: Archival Basic Black and VersaMark Ink
- Stamps: Watercolor Christmas
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 1/8″ Gold Ribbon, Swirly Snowflakes Thinlets Dies, Gold and Silver Embossing Powders, Textured Snowflake Embossing Folder
- The Basic Black base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″ with a bone folder.
- Cut a piece of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″.
- Cut a piece of Copper Foil 3-3/4″ x 5″. Emboss in center with Textured Snowflake Embossing Folder. Sand just the raised snowflake slightly. Swipe entire piece with Archival Basic Black Ink Pad. Let dry. Add VersMark with the ink pad all over panel. Sprinkle with Gold and Silver Embossing Powders and heat. Add this panel to the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper with multipurpose glue and weight these layers down until dry.
- Cut 7 snowflakes with Swirly Snowflakes Thinlets Dies. Glue together with glue dots or multipurpose glue to make 3 sets of two and a single flake for the card inside.
- Cut three lengths of 1/8″ Gold Ribbon. Attach at back with Tear Tape and on card front with glue dot. Add more Tear Tape to back and add this panel to card base. Attach three sets of snowflakes at end o 3/8″ ribbon with glue dots.
- Inside the Thick Whisper White layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. With Multipurpose Glue add 1/4″ x 3-1/4″ piece of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper at bottom of layers. Add single snowflake with glue dot over strip.
- Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black.
- This snowflake could be embossed on the left side of the envelope to coordinate with the card front.
Everything from my studio is packed and ready to fly next week. Now to catch up on house chores, grocery shopping and cooking for Sweetums and then pack for myself. This time next week I’ll be in Lydia’s class and loving it!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
It’s going to be an awesome month…
Stay inky…be HaPpY!