Today’s class was a special one. The “peeps” all agreed last month that we would entertain each other with a “shoebox swap”, small gifts and lots of yummy sweet and savory food.
Here’s a pic I took just after we exchanged gifts and had tasted all the delicious food (I should have taken a pic of the table…it was loaded!)…
It’s hard around the holidays to find a date that works for all, but we set a date and stuck with it. Look how neat everyone’s space is? That didn’t last very long. From left: Jan, Dawn, Dana, Carol, Jeanette, Patty and Barbara. What a great group!
Today I’ll show you my shoebox share and later this week the other projects we shared…
A small desk calendar for 2017 with a coordinating pen and on the back…
A post it note pad.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Real Red Cardstock plus Fruit Stand Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Perfect Blend
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Bic Pen, 2017 Calendar (Tayloredexpressions. com),
- Cut your base cardstock 4-1/4″ x 11″. Score on the 11″ side at 4″, 8″, 9″ and 10″. Burnish all folds making a “W” with the last three score lines, or mountain, valley, mountain if that’s easier to remember. Attach last 1″ score to inside to create the calendar stand. I used Tear Tape.
- Cut a strip of your DSP 1-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ and a coordinating DSP 4-1/4″ x 1″. Attach together with SNAIL then to bottom of one side of calendar stand.
- Cut a piece of cardstock 1/4″ bigger than your calendar on all sides. Attach calendar to this piece of cardstock with SNAIL and then to calendar front over DSP with SNAIL.
- Cut a piece of cardstock 1″ x 3″. Wrap pen and make a crease in cardstock for the pen. Then glue this piece together up to the crease line leaving room for pen to slip in. Glue the pen holder to inside of calendar frame at front or back, whichever you prefer.
- Glue post it note pad to back.
- This calendar can be decorated with flowers, birds whatever you like. Since I’m a coffee nut, we used the retired Perfect Blend stamp set to make the coffee mug and stamped our sentiment on the label.
The Bic pen was covered with a coordinating pattern using hot glue and slipped inside the holder.
Here’s a pic of a small gift given to each “peep” today…
All in all it was a great day. Our projects were quite varied (I’ll show them this week) and we didn’t even plan what each would bring.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. Hope you have checked out the year end sales at stampinup.com. Any of the products can be ordered from this blog site by clicking on the “shop now” star to the right…just sayin’!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
got mine on all the time.
Stay inky…Be HaPpY!