If your are going to celebrate, do it with abandon and in color I say.
Last Friday I forgot to tell you that post was my 1,000th post on this blog! Woohoo for me!!
To celebrate that feat I have a colorful card for you today…
How is that for color?
What HaPpY colors, right? And again, its non gender or age specific which is always a plus. Love the deep impressions made with this embossing folder.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Real Red Cardstock plus water color paper
- Ink: Real Red, Calypso Coral, Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight plus Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Dragonfly Dreams (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Celebration Duo Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Linen Thread, 5/8″ Organza Ribbon, Sponges or Daubers
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Real Red layer is 4-1/8 x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The water color paper is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Using the celebrate embossing folder run the water color paper through Big Shot. I used a Dauber (one for each color) and sponged Real Red, Calypso Coral, Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight across the embossing.
- Run a band of the Organza Ribbon around this layer attaching in back with SNAIL. Tie the center on the front with Linen Thread. Make a bow with several loops and tie in center with Linen Thread. Attach bow to front over band with glue dots.
- Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black.
This could serve as a wedding card and then you could sponge the front of the card with the colors the bride has picked for her special day. Birthday, anniversary, new home, new job…the ideas are endless…celebrate everything!
Today was kit class here at the Studio. So nice to have friends to stamp with on a cold rainy day!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
and stamping friends…they are nice!
Stay inky…be HaPpY!