So everyone knows now that Stampin’ Up! has added a dry color pigment to our product line. I couldn’t be happier…Happy dance!
Page 26 of the Occasions Catalog shows using Brusho to create backgrounds…and they do that beautifully. But today’s post shows another way to use this new product.
The Sheltering Tree stamp creates the focal point for this landscape on watercolor paper.
This close up shot shows the Clear Wink of Stella added after the colors were dry.
The colors seem to explode on the wet watercolor paper.
This medium is going to be hot. It is so much fun to play with and the results are amazing. Now I know the catalog shows punching holes in the container lid, but you have much more control of where the color lands if you use a small dry brush kind of like a shovel, scoop up some crystals and tap your index finger lightly on the brush handle directly over the area you want the color to be.
Probably going to do another “live” video on my facebook page to demonstrate…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for this card…
- Paper: This Whisper White and Dapper Denim Cardstock, plus watercolor paper
- Ink: Early Espresso and Archival Basic Black plus Smoky Slate Marker
- Stamps: Sheltering Tree
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Brusho Crystal Colour Yellow, Gamboge, Prussian Blue, Moss Green, Clear Wink of Stella, Small dry brush, palette knife, Aqua Painter, Adhesive Strips
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″. Score, fold and burnished at 5-1/2″.
- The watercolor paper is 3-1/4″ x 4-3/4″.
- Stamp Sheltering Tree slightly off center.
- With Aqua Painter filled with water wet the area where you want the leaves on the tree. Using small dry brush and Yellow Crystals scoop colour onto brush and tap the brush handle lightly with your index finger. Reload brush and continue adding the amount of yellow you want. The shake the yellow crystal back into contain and close. Repeat with the Gamboge crystals over the same area. You can also spritz to move the colors once on the paper. Let tree dry. Add Clear Wink of Stella on the tree leaves.
- Wet the sky area and repeat the dry brush technique to add Prussian Blue to sky. This color is intense and doesn’t take as many crystals. If you want, you can remove some color with a wadded tissue to create clouds.
- Wet the area at the bottom leaving a dry area between ground and tree leaves. Add Moss Green crystals. While this is still wet, use your palette knife or the edge of a credit card and pull lines up from the wet color to create more texture that resembles grass.
- Once the ground color is dry, use your Smoky Slate marker to add a tree trunk shadow.
- This layer was added to the card front with Adhesive Strips.
- The Thinking of You sentiment was stamped in Archival Basic Black on scrap Thick Whisper White, trimmed and added with SNAIL.
- Inside there is a layer of Dapper Denim 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ with a layer of Whisper White over it 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″
Hopefully I’ll be able to get a video done with this product soon. There will be another Brusho post this week.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
good to know…
Come get inky with me…Be HaPpY!