Today’s post combines some retiring product and one new product to make a sweet Mother’s Day card…
The Copper Ribbon is totally new and fascinating to work with. The DSP and framelits along with the coordinating stamp set will be retiring after this month…
Glamour close up featuring the Copper Ribbon and the new Glitter Enamel Dots.
And a side angle shot showing the dimension of all the layers.
How the card opens and folds together…
Can you believe next weekend is Mother’s Day? I run like crazy every. single. day. and still feel behind.
But if you need a card idea for Mother’s Day or really any occasion, here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Tip Top Taupe, Thick Whisper White and Sweet Sugar Plum Cardstock, plus Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black and Sweet Sugar Plum
- Stamps: Oh So Succulent
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Succulent Framelits Dies, Copper Metallic Wire, Glitter Enamel Dots (June 2017), Copper Ribbon (June 2017), Pretty Label Punch (June 2017)
- The Tip Top Taupe base card I 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored, folded and burnished on the long side at 2-3/4″ and 5-1/2″
- The sentiment panel is 2-3/4″ x 4-1/4″. The DSP layer is 2-1/2″ x 3-3/4″ attached to Tip Top Taupe panel with SNAIL.
- Punch a Thick Whisper White and a Tip Top Taupe label with Pretty Label Punch. Cut the Tip Top Taupe piece in half horizontally. Stamp sentiment and small flower on the Whisper White label then add SNAIL to the back and place the two horizontal Tip Top Taupe pieces on the back letting them show top and bottom of the Whisper White label. Add to previous panel with dimensionals.
- Cut out the two smallest flowers with Oh So Succulent Framelits from Sweet Sugar Plum. Attach together with glue dots and add Pink Glitter Enamel Dot to center. Place a dimensional on the back. Make three loops with Copper Wire and stick to the dimensional on back of flower then place flower in top left corner of panel.
- Add DSP to the main card front panel that is folded back at the 2-3/4″ score line with SNAIL. Pull Copper Ribbon apart with fingers making a wavy pattern. When you have a piece long enough for your front panel, cut the ribbon. Add SNAIL vertically down the front panel and lay the Copper Ribbon on top.
- Add SNAIL to 1/3 of the back of the sentiment panel and place over the card panel with the Copper Ribbon.
- Inside the card the Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Stamp larger flower in Sweet Sugar Plum and Archival Basic Black in lower right corner. Add to inside of card with SNAIL.
- This same flower was stamped on the front of the envelope on the lower left corner to coordinate with the card front.
I will miss this stamp set and the framelits. When they were first introduced I found them so interesting and have made some great projects with them including several home décor pieces.
Thanks so much for stopping by today…hope your Monday is awesome!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me…Be HaPpY!