March 2017 will be a HUGH month in our family…we are expecting an addition! Since one of the calendar’s I’ve been working on will be for my granddaughter who is expecting, the month of March was made with a theme she likes and includes a frame for a picture of her new son and the sentiment “Hello Handsome” on just her calendar.
The other three calendar pages (I’m making four at once) look the same with the exception of the navy frame and sentiment.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Other than the calendar page which is from Papersource.com, $9.99, Dapper Denim, Thick Whisper White, Old Olive, Smoky Slate Cardstock
- Ink: Real Red, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Mossy Meadow, Soft Sky and Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Always an Adventure and Happy Happenings (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Outdoor Adventures Framelits, Window Sheet (if you are making a frame) and Scalloped Square Framelits
- Cut a frame using the Scalloped Square Framelits using Dapper Denim CS. Cut a piece of Window Sheet the size of the largest Framelit and glue to back of frame with multipurpose glue. Add Adhesive strips on three sides on the back of the frame. Set aside.
- On scrap Thick Whisper White stamp bear in Early Espresso, tent in Crumb Cake, two trees in Mossy Meadow, the hot air balloon in Real Red. When cutting with framelits also cut clouds and tips of mountains. Cut mountains from Smoky Slate and trees from Old Olive using framelits. Once everything is cut, set aside.
- Stamp “lake” in Soft Sky at bottom of blank space. Add mountains in background. Cut bottom edge of snow caps and glue to mountain tops with multipurpose glue.
- Add row of trees cut from Old Olive CS over mountains with multipurpose glue.
- Add tent to left side with multipurpose glue.
- Add hot air balloon to top left corner with multipurpose glue.
- Stamp sentiment in top right corner with Archival Basic Black ink
- Remove protective strip from adhesive on “frame” and add to calendar leaving opening at top.
- Add one cloud to top left of frame with multipurpose glue
- Add second cloud over hot air balloon with dimensional.
- Add bear to bottom left corner of frame with multipurpose glue
- Add two stamped trees to lower right corner of frame with multipurpose glue.
I’ll keep you posted on the arrival of this lil’ guy. I know mom will be happy to slide his picture into this calendar frame come March.
My activities these last couple of days have been cook, cook, cook and wrap, wrap, wrap. I think I’m done! Whew!…not sure how things always get behind when it seems there are less sleeping hours and no “sit down” time.
Thanks for stopping by…here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Stay HaPpY…get inky!