Last week I posted a card intended to go along with today’s post which is a gift celebrating a new grandbaby for really good friends. The new baby boy’s name is Jack so I made this for his room…
There’s even the matching tag when this gets all wrapped up.
The bear is attached to the mat.
I’m in love with these little guys!
This frame is an 8 x 10 with a 5 x 7 opening in what was a plain white mat from Hobby Lobby. It can stand up on a table top or be hung on the wall.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Water color paper 6″ x 8″
- Ink: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Daffodil Delight, Smoky Slat and Powder Pink
- Stamps: A Little Wild and Letters for You
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Dauber, Little Loves Framelit Dies, Small Round Brush, Black Micron Pen and Water Colors
- Make your water color paper at least 1″ larger than the mat opening. Stamp the letters in Daffodil Delight that has been stamped off. Stamp animals with Archival Basic Black.
- Paint your letters first letting them dry and see if they need a second coat. Once dry, outline with Black Micron Pen.
- Stamp animals where they fit best for your name and color with reinkers listed above. The bear was stamped on a water color paper scrap and cut out with the framelit.
- The mat was dotted with a dauber and Smoky Slate and then the bear was placed in the lower left corner with multipurpose glue.
I hope this little frame will inspire you to make some personalized gifts for your family and friends.
Today Sweetums and I left to drive to Norfolk, VA, to pick up our daughter who is flying in from Seoul, SK, where she and her husband have been stationed for 2-1/2 years! We are so excited to have her back in the states. Still not sure when he will be able to follow, but we are hoping soon!
Thanks for stopping by.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
today just might be that day!
Stay inky with me…be HaPpY!