Those birthdays just keep coming inspite of the arrival of the Christmas season this week…I mean Black Friday does come this week, right?
Today’s post is one of my all-time favorites…
Isn’t it just so “autumn-y” and colorful? And I love using this Floral Thinlet in a less formal way than maybe it was intended.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Water color paper, Thick Whisper White and Real Red Cardstock
- Ink: Basic Black, Early Espress Ink and Ken Oliver’s Color Burst
- Stamps: Vintage Leaves and Build a Birthday (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Line Thread, Details Floral Thinlits, Leaflets Framelits
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Real Red Cardstock is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with multipurpose glue
- The water color paper is 4″ x 6″. Moisten paper with spritzer or brush and add Red, Green and Yellow colorburst powder. Let the water color paper do its thing and either add more water, color or delete color with a tissue until you like the way it looks. Let dry or use heat gun. Cut a 1/4″ strip off bottom to use on the card front. Cut a piece that measures 4″ x 3-1/4″. Use the remaining water colored paper to cut three leaves with Leaflets Framelits. Stamp leaves with Early Espresso ink.
- The top Thick Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Cut with Floral Thinlet at top only. Attach water colored piece to the back of this layer with multipurpose glue. Add sentiment in Archival Basic Black. Add water colored strip at bottom of Thinlet cut with Multipurpose Glue.
- Attach the three leaves together and then to card front. Add Linen Thread bow (video here) with Glue Dots.
- Inside there is a 3″ x 4 1/4″ piece of Whisper White over a 3-1/8″ x 4-3/8″ piece of Real Red. Add leaf at bottom left corner.
This is a great birthday card for anyone’s Autumn birthday.
So today is the 24-Hour Flash Sale and then there is a week of sales. I hope if you decide to enjoy the sale you will purchase from my blog by clicking on the “Shop Now” star!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
not. even. close.
So let’s just get inky…and Be HaPpY!