Many of us love this time of year when cooler weather and pretty fall colors take the stage. Just my thoughts as I put together this fall wreath…
Leaves from Painted Harvest Punch were made from a piece of water color paper “painted” in fall colors and then punched.
Touches of Texture stamped with VersaMark created the copper background.
Tranquil Tide woven ribbon and copper foil leaves here and there complete the fall feel.
And inside there’s lots of room for messaging…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Very Vanilla and Tranquil Tide Cardstock, plus water color paper
- Ink: Daffodil Delight, Pumkin Pie, Real Red, Soft Suede and Tranquil Tide
- Stamps: Touches of Texture (splats), Painted Harvest (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Water Spritzer, Leaf Punch, Woven Tranquil Tide Ribbon, Linen Thread, Copper Embossing Powder
- The Thick Very Vanilla base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Tranquil Tide layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL.
- The Thick Very Vanilla layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Stamp sentiment and Touches of Texture stamps in VersaMark, sprinkle with Copper EP and heat.
- Add a band of Tranquil Tide woven ribbon over the sentiment with SNAIL. Make bow with several loops and tie in center with Linen Thread. Add to card front with glue dots.
- Dampen a piece of water color paper completely with water. Add reinker with an Aqua Painter or brush letting the colors “bloom” together covering the surface of the paper. Encourage movement with the water spritzer or tilt the paper so colors will run in all directions. Let dry or heat.
- Punch leaves from dried water color paper. Cut a 2-1/2″ circle and temporarily attach to card front. Add leaves around circle to create a wreath. Remove punched circle. Punch three copper foil leaves and cut off indivicual leaves. Add with multipurpose glue to wreath here and there.
- Inside the Tranquil Tide layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached with SNAIL.
- The Thick Very Vanilla layer is 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ attached with snail. Add one leaf bunch with multipurpose glue at top right corner.
Now I’m thinking a Christmas wreath with these leaf punches…hmmmm. The mind never rests.
“The Littles” and my son and daughter-in-love mandatorily evacuated their home in St. Petersburg yesterday. Of course, Irma will not arrive in their neighborhood until tonight at high tide. They are devastated and fully expect to go home to nothing as they live on the water. We are hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. As soon as they are able to get home, I feel sure Sweetums and I will be trucking it to Florida to see if we can help. We have a generator and water pump in the back of the car and will pick up other supplies hard to find there before we leave. I will keep you posted.
Tomorrow is class day here at Rambling Rose and it will be great to have all the girls here…a good distraction!
Hope you are safe and dry wherever you are…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today….
Come get inky with me…be HaPpY!