Recently a friend of mine became a grandmother for the first time…with TWINS!
We have all enjoyed waiting with her for the arrival…which happened this past weekend six weeks early. Both babies are doing well and she is beyond words excited to welcome this little girl and boy to her world.
To celebrate their arrival I will be giving her this frame to proudly display their first pictures…
This frame will hold three 4″ x 6″ photos, but I chose to add their names to the center panel.
Their cute little names were cut from Designer Series Paper Birthday Memories with the Little Letters Framelits Dies.
This little retro “cutie” was cut from the same DSP using a framelit for her…
And this little foxy friend carrying his welcoming banner was also cut from the same DSP with a framelit.
This was a fun project completed in an afternoon thinking how amazing it will be to bring home two little babies. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Birthday Memories Designer Series Paper, Thick Whisper White Cardstock plus Water Color Paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Birthday Delivery, Lovely Friends
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Little Letters Framelits, Birthday Friends Framelits, Blue & Pink water colors, Large Round Brush, Journaling Pen and frame from Big Box Store
- Cut letters for name from DSP and another set from Thick Whisper White Cardstock and glue together with multipurpose glue.
- The water color paper was cut to fit inside the center panel. Wet one half of paper with water and apply water color. Let the paper do most of the work for you. Don’t worry about making the color solid. A little variation in color is more interesting. Once this half is dry repeat for the second color. Let this dry completely before working with it.
- Draw placement line for name (and maybe a date if you aren’t having twins) and add letter/numbers with multipurpose glue. Stamp in center is from Lovely Friends. I selectively inked just the “and” from one of the stamps and used the scroll from another.
- Cut a set of balloons from DSP (just the balloons) and add to this panel. Draw strings with a black journaling pen. This panel was glued inside the center panel. I then reinserted the piece of paper that came with the frame. I would have cut a piece of cardstock, but it would have taken a 12 x 12 piece of Whisper White cardstock and I didn’t one…
- The little girl, fox and banner were cut from the DSP using coordinating framelits. Also cut the same images from Thick Whisper White Cardstock and glue together. Fussy cut a set of balloons including strings from DSP. Glue this cutout to a piece of Thick Whisper White with multipurpose glue and “fussy cut” .
- Add all of these pieces to the frame front with Strip Adhesive.
Hope this post inspires you to create some home décor as a gift or for your own home.
My Mother’s Day weekend was filled with flowers…
Aren’t they gorgeous? And babies…
A really special day…hope yours was too!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Dedicated to those of us who have lost our moms…
Come get inky with me…Be HaPpY!