The second card actually demonstrated while on stage was this one…
A little bit of spritzing the stamp after inking and the paper after stamping creates this fluid background and makes the elegant line art “pop”!
Some splattering and that Linen Bow add to the textural interest of this panel.
Layers, texture and embellishments…a good card recipe!
And a peek inside…
So if you were at OnStage Live SLC, you received this stamp set and maybe witnessed my presentation. The sample this week will give you some ideas for your own creations.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Soft Sky Cardstock, plus watercolor paper
- Ink: Soft Sky, Lemon Lime Twist, Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Lovely Wishes and Music Notes background stamp
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Water Spritzer, Linen Thread
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″. Score, fold and burnish at 5-1/2″
- The first Soft Sky layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Stamp Soft Sky by stamping off each time you stamp. This will keep this layer in the background and not competing with your focal point. Attach this layer to card front with SNAIL.
- The next Soft Sky layer is 2-3/8″ x 5-1/4″ attached to card front with SNAIL.
- The next layer is watercolor paper 2-1/4″ x 5-1/8″. Stamp Music Notes in Soft Sky. Ink leaf shadow stamp in Lemon Lime Twist. Spritz stamp before stamping. Stamp a second shadow stamp underneath first. Spritz watercolor paper to “move” the ink. Let dry. Stamp shadow stamps again in Lemon Lime Twist. Add Line art stamp with Archival Basic Black. Add color to flowers in Soft Sky. Splatter Lemon Lime Twist using marker or Aqua Painter.
- Add this panel to card front with multipurpose glue.
- Make bow and attach with glue dots. There is a video here to demonstrate this bow.
- Inside the Soft Sky layer is 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. Stamp leaf line art in Soft Sky and leaf shadow stamp in Lemon Lime Twist.. Add this layer to inside of card with SNAIL.
This was the last card demonstrated on stage. The others were samples I had made previously and brought to show how versatile this stamp set can be.
Thanks so much for stopping by today.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
For those who are missing loved ones this Thanksgiving…
Come get inky with me…Be HaPpY!