Does your normal schedule just get whacked in the summertime? There has been nothing normal about this summer so far. And I don’t mean bad things are happening…just LOTS of things are happening.
Even with all the planning, planners and memory joggers there are times when it’s a struggle to keep up. And you know what happens? We forget to enjoy the day.
So today’s post is a reminder for me and maybe for you…
The Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder plays background for the Oh So Eclectic flowers.
And a closer look shows the Window Sheet and flowers on the inside too.
And a pretty Crinkled Night of Navy Seam Binding bow adds another dimension.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for today’s post…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White plus Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Berry Burst, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Pear Pizazz, Smoky Slate and Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Oh So Eclectic and Climbing Orchid (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Night of Navy Crinkled Seam Binding, Linen Thread, White Craft Ink, White Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder, Eclectic Layers Thinlets, Window Sheet
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- Using the Pinewood Plank EF with Smoky Slate ink rubbed on the raised edge (Sizzix logo side) place the card front inside and emboss. Immediately clean your EF with wet wipe.
- Cut at 2-1/4″ from the 5-1/2″ fold line.
- Cut a piece of Window Sheet 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. Add SNAIL underneath the top front 2-1/4″ fold over and slide the window sheet under this fold over. Press to be sure it is attached well.
- Cut a 1-1/2″ piece from the remaining embossed panel and add to bottom of Window Sheet using SNAIL.Wipe front of window sheet with your Embossing Buddy. Stamp sentiment in Craft White Ink on Window Sheet. Sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat using the low setting on your heat gun. You can heat from back side too.
- Cut a piece of the graduated navy DSP 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ and attach to inside of card with SNAIL.
- Stamp flowers on scrap Thick Whisper White. You’ll need three of each size in Berry Burst, Pool Party and Daffodil Delight. Stamp two leaf and stems in Pear Pizzaz. Cut all out with Thinlets. Add to top front with multipurpose glue, single dimensional and double dimensionals at top and multipurpose glue at bottom and inside card.
- Make a bow with several loops, tying center with Linen Thread. Add to top of card front with glue dots.
So my thought for the day to myself is to enjoy this day and I offer that to you too!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
life changers both.
Come get inky with me…be HaPpY!