All paper artist are working fast and furious to be ready for Valentines…almost like we were for Christmas. Valentines is not my favorite holiday, but it comes in a close second and heaven knows there are projects on every surface in my studio in various stages of completion.
One of my “peeps” makes 30+ table favors each month for a ladies luncheon and she is always looking for new ideas. Recently I offered a Valentine matchbox idea to her and promised I’d post the box with directions. Well I’d better get my bum in gear or she won’t need them!
The size of the box was determined by cutting one of SU!’s Whisper White notecards in half to use as the Valentine card on top of the box…
Here’s a different view…
plenty of room inside to write a love note… And a close up…
a little kiss inside.
This may be a heavy photo post, but may make it easier for those of you who haven’t made a matchbox before.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Real Red Cardstock, Gold Foil and Sending Love Designer Series Paper Stack
- Ink: Archival Basic Black and Blushing Bride
- Stamps: Sealed With Love
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Gold Baker’s Twine, Sealed With Love Thinlits
- Let’s build the inside box first. Cut a piece of Thick Whisper White 3-1/2″ x 5″. Score on all sides 3/4″. Your piece should look like this…
- Cut the tabs on each end and slightly trim the one side…
- Burnish all fold lines with bone folder and put Tear “n Tape on each tab. Fold tabs inside to create box.
- To make the cover that slides over the box, cut a piece of Thick Whisper White 3-1/2″ x 6-3/4″. Score on the long side at 3/4″, 3-1/4″, 4″, 6-1/2″
- Place Tear ‘n Tape on 1/4″ score tab. Burnish all score lines and tuck 1/4″ tab behind the first 3/4″ score.
- Cut (2) DSP 2-3/8″ x 3-3/8″ and attach to this piece. Cut (2) DSP 3/4″ x 3-3/8″ and attach to this piece.
- Cut (2) DSP 3/4″ x 2-3/8″ for ends of box. Slide box inside cover.
- Cut a 3-1/2″ x 5″ Whisper White notecard in half to make two 2-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ cards for box top.
- Decorate your Valentine with a piece of DSP 2-3/8″ x 3-3/8″. Cut heart border from Thick Whisper White and trim to fit box cover. Attach with SNAIL to right side. Cut one envelope, one small note from Whisper White. Cut hearts from Real Red. Cut envelope flap liner from DSP, cut arrow from Gold Foil
- Fill your sweet note box with candy.
Hope you give this matchbox a try. You can make it any size your need.
Another historical day…how many presidents have I seen sworn into office…lots. God bless America!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
And stay inky…you are sure to be HaPpY!