Just the name of this stamp set bundle made me want to buy it…Hearts Come Home. So I did.
Here’s my first post using this set…
And, yes, it does fold to fit in a normal envelope!
How sweet is that little church?
This layer for your personal message is located on the back of the card.
I am such a sucker for these village scenes. Big starry sky and glittery moon…yep, I love them!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Soft Sky, Thick Whisper White, Gold Foil and Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Cardstock plus watercolor paper and Designer Series Paper Year of Cheer
- Ink: Archival Basic Black plus watercolor of your choice for the sky. I used Phthalo Blue
- Stamps: Hearts Come Home
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Hometown Greetings Edgelits Dies, 1-1/4″ Circle Punch, White Watercolor and or White paint or Gel pen
- The Soft Sky base card is 4-1/4″ x 8″. Score 1-1/4″ and 2-1/2″ on long edge. Turn card and score at opposite end at 1-1/4″ and 2-1/2″
- Cut 4 DSP layers 1″ x 4″. Cut 4 Gold Foil layers 1-1/8″ x 4-1/8″. Layer all eight pieces with multipurpose glueCut a piece of watercolor paper 2-7/8″ x 4″.
- Dampen the paper and apply watercolor. While still wet, scrunch up a tissue and remove some of the color to create a textured look to the sky. When dry add splats of White watercolor paint or White paint pen or White Gel Pen. I used watercolor first and made some larger “stars” with White Paint Pen.
- Punch 1-1/4″ Circle of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper. Add to top right corner of sky overlapping edges. Trim excess from back. Add the watercolor layer to center of card.
- Add two of the DSP strips to the center panels where the card folds out.
- Cut the village buildings from Soft Sky left over from cutting the base. It’s a 3″ x 4-1/4″ piece. Glue a piece of Gold Foil to back of Church and house then trim excess. Stamp sentiment in bottom center with Archival Basic Black ink.
- Lay card flat. Fold one side in mountain fold and the other side flat. Add Tear Tape to back of village layer and place one side down on the folded card side overlapping by an inch. Attach the other side to the flattened side.
- Add DSP strips to the panels where the village attached to cover where they meet.
- Yay! Look what you made!
- Next cut a piece of Thick Whisper White 2-7/8″ x 4″. Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black.
- To add to envelope, fold one side in and the other out. Fits perfectly!
This was so much fun to make. I’m thinking of several projects with this set that I hope to share with you next week.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
yes we do…
Come get inky with me…be HaPpY!