Sadly today I needed a sympathy card and as usual didn’t have one that seemed just right. But after a little thought came up with this one…
This seemed perfect for the occasion and the time of year. Do you keep all occasions on file for use in a situation like this? I really need to work on that.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White
- Ink: Daffodil Delight and Early Expresso
- Stamps: Sheltering Tree
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Aqua Painter and Linen Thread
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The layer is 3 3/4″ x 5″. Use painter’s tape to mask the left side of the top layer and the bottom. Sponge Daffodil Delight starting at the lower left corner and lighten as you go up the layer. Use your Aqua Painter and the lid of the Early Expresso to water down ink just a little. Tap against a pencil over the layer with the Aqua Painter to get the background dots. Over stamp the tree image with the Early Expresso. Remove the painter’s tape and stamp sentiment at the bottom right in Early Expresso.
- Add several rounds of Linen Thread under the sentiment. Add this layer to card front with dimensionals or mounting tape.
I’m off to watch my favorite college team play this afternoon and hope they play well enough to win. Got baked beans in the over after taking out an apple tart made earlier. Sweetums has burgers on the grill.
Hope you are enjoying a wonderful fall weekend wherever you are.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Get inky…Be HaPpY!