Another passing has happened to a sweet friend. Things just came to a halt because I needed a really special card for her and my stash was empty. Just can’t seem to keep a supply of these cards. But like I always say, when you need one, you need it right then.
I gathered the materials to make the card I had pictured in my mind and this is the result…but you know what? This card didn’t turn out anything like the one I had in mind. Does that happen to you sometimes too? I like this one but I’ll try again for the imaginary one in my head another day…
and here’s the inside…
At least it does look fall(ish) which was my initial intention. This Copper Foil has proven invaluable lately…used up all the package. Definitely on my next order for fall and the holidays. Do I dare tell how many yards of Linen Thread go through this studio?
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant Cardstock and Copper Foil
- Ink: Calypso Coral, Peekaboo Peach and Elegant Eggplant
- Stamps: Thoughtful Branches, Christmas Pines and Rose Wonder
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Gold Wink of Stella, Delicate White Doilies, Branches Thinlits, Rose Wonder Thinlits, Burlap Ribbon, Peekaboo Peach Ruched Ribbon, water spritzer, sponge, Holly Embossing Folder
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5-1/2″
- The Copper Foil layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with Multipurpose Glue
- The Elegant Eggplant layer is 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″.
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 3-3/4″ x 5″. Mask 1-3/4″ x 5-1/4″ with post it note tape or frog tape. Sponge Elegant Eggplant, Calypso Coral and Peekaboo Peach overlapping colors. Remove mask and emboss with Holly EF. Add half of Delicate White Doily with multipurpose glue. Cut one piece each of Burlap Ribbon and Peekaboo Peach Ribbon 6-1/2″. Attach at back of layer with Multipurpose Glue.
- Cut two Copper Foil stems from Rose Wonder Thinlits. Add a dab of glue and place them diagonally. Cut two of the berry stems from Thoughtful Branches from Thick Whisper White. Add a little more glue and place diagonally over the Foil steams.
- On scrap Whisper White stamp leaves with Elegant Eggplant, Calypso Coral and Peekaboo Peach, spritz lightly and stamp. You will need three leaves. Cut with thinlet from Thoughtful Branches set. Color over with Gold Wink of Stella. Glue two leaves together then add third on top with a dimensional. Add all three to center of stems with dimensionals.
- Make Linen Thread bow and attach with glue dots. Video on making the bow here.
- Stamp sentiment from Rose Wonder in Elegant Eggplant on Thick Whisper White and cut with framelit. Cut a second shape from Elegant Eggplant and attach with Multipurpose Glue . Attach to card front with dimensionals.
- Inside there is a 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ layer of Elegant Eggplant with a 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ layer of Whisper White attached together and to card with Multipurpose Glue. Add stamped and spritzed leaf at bottom right corner, stamp second leaf without reinking stamp with dimensional.
Here’s hoping I don’t need another sympathy card for a long time…
Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek today. If you see product used in today’s project you just HAVE to have…click on the “shop now” star and it will arrive at you door before you know it. A special thanks to all who have ordered from my blog!…you are the sweetest.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Between my purse and daily planner, I’m sure this would be the picture.
Hope you are inky…and HaPpY!