The idea to make my own DSP using Dapper Denim cardstock and the Swirly Bird stamp set had been rolling around in my mind for a while until I just gave in and sat down to create this card…
What a good idea I had! Four different patterns from one stamp set. Maybe I should design a DSP packet?
It was fun to do anyway and now there are other ideas already bumping against each other patiently waiting for time to sit down and just create.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Whisper White, Emerald Envy and Dapper Denim Cardstock
- Ink: Craft White, Emerald Envy and Dapper Denim
- Stamps: Swirly Bird and Thoughtful Banners
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Swirly Squiggles Framelits, Duet Banner Punch, White Embossing Powder, Circle Framelits
- The Dapper Denim base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The first layer is Whisper White cardstock with Dapper Denim Swirly flowers and is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ attached with adhesive.
- The vertical Whisper White layer is 2 5/8″ x 5 3/8″ with a piece of Dapper Denim 2 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ stamped with Craft White Ink, sprinkled with White Embossing Powder and heated attached to card front with adhesive.
- The second vertical Whisper White layer is 1 7/8″ x 3 7/8″ with a piece of Dapper Denim 1 3/4″ x 3 3/4″ stamped with small flowers in Craft White Ink, sprinkled with White Embossing Powder and heated. Attach centered top to bottom and slightly right of first layer with adhesive.
- The third vertical Whisper White layer is 2 3/8″ x 3 3/8″ with a piece of Dapper Denim 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ stamped with small flowers in Craft White Ink, sprinkled with Embossing Powder and heated. Add to card front centered from top to bottom and slightly left of first vertical layers with adhesive.
- Cut a Dapper Denim circle one framelit larger than a Whisper White circle. Attach together with dimensionals or fun foam. Cut leaf swirly from Emerald Envy and the swirly flower center from Dapper Denim. Glue to top of Whisper White circle using thin tip glue. Add to card front.
- Stamp banner in Dapper Denim and sentiment in Emerald Envy, cut out with Duet Banner Punch. Punch another banner in Emerald Envy and glue to back of sentiment. Add to card front with dimensionals.
- Inside there is a layer of Whisper White 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ stamped in lower right corner with Dapper Denim small swirly flowers and Emerald Envy leaves.
It feels satisfying to physically hold this idea in my hand.
Hope you are planning a wonderful weekend. My days are still mixed up from Memorial Day Weekend and the month change too. We’ve have so many activities this week my head is spinning. Looking forward to my stamping peeps tomorrow and Monday celebrating the new catalog.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Stay inky…Be HaPpY!