You are going to love making these “sweetie” boxes…they take very little supplies and time, but give a big WOW when presented. I CASED this box from Sam Donald at Pootles. She is amazing with directions for boxes of all kinds. Although my box looks nothing like hers did finished, the construction is the same.
These little boxes would make memorable treats at weddings (entirely different dsp, of course), at showers (baby or wedding) and at kids’ parties for a “take home” gift. So here is the box…
See what I mean? Below are the Stuff ‘N Digits:
- Paper: Whisper White Cardstock (#100730, $8.50), Fresh Prints Paper Stack (#132996, $6.95)
- Stamp: Regarding Dahlia’s (#130327, $14.95)
- Ink: Real Red (#126949, $5.95)
- Embellishment: Itty Bitty Stamps (#118309, $16.95), Cello bags and Tag from Sale-A-Bration catalog free with $50 order (#133513)
- Whisper White Cardstock: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, score long side 2″, 4″, 6″ and 8″. Short side score at 2″
- DSP: 3 1/4″ x 1 3/4″ panels x 4. Attach to cardstock before punching ovals.
- Fold one time and cut two ovals at a time from box. To make scallop oval frame, first punch smaller oval, then center scalloped oval over smaller oval and punch out frames. Attach with Tombo glue to box. Fold and cut score line to 2″ score. Fold and attach with sticky tape.
Quick and easy and oh so cute. I hope you’ll give these little boxes a try and decorate them any way that suites your occasion. Your family/friends will be impressed! To purchase supplies you can click the “Shop Now” button and plug in the numbers provided, or check out the catalogs for so many other goodies you might want (or need!).
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…”You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.” Robin Williams
Working on some videos for later this week so come back by…