This suite of products has every possible embellishment, and on this card I used several…did I over do it? There’s no “over doing” when it comes to embellishments! The more the merrier…
Oh shoot! I forgot the sequins…(kidding)
There are several layers in this background…maybe a Sunday afternoon video?
Gold is back in the fashion world and in stamping too!
And a peek inside.
Here is the Stuff ‘N Digits for this card…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Pool Party and Gold Foil Cardstock plus Vellum and Watercolor paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black and Tranquil Tide plus VersaMark
- Stamps: Cake Soiree
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 1/8″ Gold Ribbon, Linen Thread, Sweet Cake Framelits Dies, Gold Embossing Powder, Sweet Soiree Decorative Masks, sponge dauber
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score, fold and burnish at 4-1/4″.
- The Gold Foil layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached with multipurpose glue.
- The watercolor layer is 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″. With Tranquil Tide and Pool Party Ink Pad, cover the surface of a “F” Acrylic Block. Spritz with water and “stamp” the watercolor paper. Leave in place a few seconds to give the paper time to absorb the color. Lift straight up. Gorgeous! Right?
- Using the rose stencil from the Sweet Soiree Decorative Masks and a sponge dauber with Tranquil Tide ink add three roses to the lower right corner. Make the middle rose full size and tuck the other two behind the corner rose.
- Add splats of VersaMark Ink (I used the “splat” stamp from Gorgeous Grunge set), sprinkle with Gold Embossing Powder and heat. Add rose leaves with VersaMark ink, sprinkle and heat.
- Isn’t that a beautiful three-layer background?
- Cut several leaves in Pool Party, Vellum, and Gold Foil. Cut two Gold Foil and one Pool Party rose. If you add the Self-Adhesive paper to the back of what you are cutting out, all these pieces can be peeled and laid down in a snap.
- Cut tag from Thick Whisper White CS. Add roses in Tranquil Tide and sentiment in Archival Basic Black. Add a small piece of Gold Foil behind the bottom portion of the tag. Tie several loops of 1/8″ Gold Ribbon with Linen Thread and add to top of tag with glue dots. Add tag to card front with dimensionals at top left corner.
- Inside the Thick Whisper White layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. The Gold Foil is 1/4″ x 4-1/4″ attached with multipurpose glue. The two roses were added by using Self Adhesive paper on back of cardstock before cutting out the images.
- As you can see in the first photo, the envelope was stamped with the flower from the Lots of Happy Card Kit and colored with Blend Pens. Just a little something to start the party on the envelope!
There is a lot going on with this card and I believe it works because it is basically monochromatic. If there were several strong colors used, it just wouldn’t work a well. I hope to do a Sunday afternoon “live” video on this background…maybe this week. You can always check my facebook page, Rambling Rose Studio, for helpful short videos.
Winter has decided to arrive this evening…our warm weather has disappeared with lots of rain….
Are you planning to reserve a Stamping Up! Stamparatus today at 2 p.m. MT? I will be in line as I was unsuccessful last time. You can shop from here by clicking on the “Shop Now” button.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
especially the last part…
Come get inky with me…Be HaPpY!