Last week was definitely not the normal week. We had two friends who passed away and one with major surgery. The sympathy section of my stash was depleted and its always best to have those on hand for when you need them.
If you have every lost someone close to you and received a handmade, heartfelt card, you know well how much it means to you.
Here’s the first to replenish the sympathy section of my cards kept on hand…
There is just hardly a way to catch the shimmer from the Wink of Stella Clear and Gold used on this butterfly. It’s quite stunning in person.
Here is the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Bermuda Bay and Daffodil Delight Cardstock
- Ink: Memento Black, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Island Indigo and Basic Grey (which looks black)
- Stamps: Rose Wonder (sentiment), Swallowtail Butterfly
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Clear and Gold Wink of Stella, Framelit from Rose Wonder (sentiment)
- The Bermuda Bay base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The Daffodil Delight layer was cut 4″ x 5 1/4″. The Swallowtail was stamped with Memento Black ink half on and half off the cardstock. All the painting was done with a small round brush and reinkers. Some of the shade lines were reinforced with a journaling black pen when the image was dry. Shake the Wink of Stella pens as you work over the image. Gold was used on the Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie and Clear everywhere else.
- “Fussy Cut” a portion of the butterfly and attach to card front with glue.
- Stamp sentiment on scrap Bermuda Bay along with framelit frame, then cut out. Add to card front with dimensionals.
- Inside there is a layer of Daffodil Delight 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ with a 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ layer of Whisper White for your personal message.
Since the butterfly is a symbol of hope, this seems the perfect card to send for sympathy.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
And I will be getting up very early tomorrow too!
Inky fingers will make you HaPpY!