After eight days of torrential rain the sun has appeared…
To celebrate here’s a bright and sunny card made with the Summer Silhouette stamp set…
Doesn’t that look summery? Not sure if that plant is supposed to be what my “littles” call a ‘wish flower’ (you know, a dandelion that’s gone to seed) or if it might be a Queen Anne’s Lace. So here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you and how to make this yummy background in about 90 seconds!…
- Paper: Daffodil Delight, Whisper White cardstock
- Ink: Old Olive, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight and Pool Party, plus Versamark
- Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge and Summer Silhouette
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, “E” Acrylic Block, Water Spritzer, Distress Tool, White Embossing Powder
- The Daffodil Delight base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″
- “Paint” on the “E” Block with your ink pads. Don’t stress, just get the ink on there.
- Spritz with water at a distance two or three times and apply to Whisper White as centered as you can. Hold it there for a few seconds to be sure the ink soaks into the paper and remove. Beautiful!
- Now stamp your flowers coming into the frame from the bottom right corner with Versamark ink, add White Embossing Powder and heat.
- With the Gorgeous Grunge stamp and some Versamark, add some spots to imply movement of flower petals in the wind, apply White EP and heat.
- Add the Linen Bow.
- Distress the edges of this layer with distressing tool before adding to card front.
- You can see I added a similar background application on the envelope and there is also a small one on the inside of the card where a layer of Whisper White was added.
- I didn’t add an sentiment on purpose because I think this card could be used for many occasions. The sentiment would probably go in the upper left corner.
This resembled a watercolor painting of summer to me and I’m very happy with it. I hope you like it too and will give this simple but striking technique a try.
Hope you are enjoying your weekend as much as I am in this beautiful sunshine.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I’m REALLY bad at singing, but love to do it!
Come get inky with me…and Be HaPpY!