They say you never forget how to ride a bike…which is good as I have one and love to ride it. Willis, my Yorkie, loves to ride in the basket but won’t walk on a lead…
Is he cute or what? But you put a lead on him and he’ll sit down and refuse to move!
Finally my framelits arrived to the Bike Ride Stamp Set (which I won at OnStage Savannah)! Here’s my first card using the whole bundle…
I made this bike Peek A Boo Peach so I could use this gorgeous Seam Binding…
A glamour close up…
A side angle to show texture and dimension…
and a peek inside.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Peek A Boo Peach, and Thick Whisper White Cardstock, plus water color paper
- Ink: Peek A Boo Peach, Smoky Slate, Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Lemon Lime Twist, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive and Early Espresso
- Stamps: Bike Ride and Fabulous Flamingo (grass)
- Tools ‘N Embellishment: Peek A Boo Peach 5/8″ Crinkled Seam Binding, Build A Bike Framelits, Embossing Paste, Pattern Party Decorative Masks and Palette Knife, 1/4″ Hole Punch and small round brush
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Peek A Boo Peach layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attach to card front with SNAIL.
- The water color layer is 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″. Mix a small amount of paste with a drop of Smoky Slate Reinker. Place mask at bottom of water color paper and apply paste. Let dry. Add water to top half with round brush leaving some areas dry for clouds. Drop Marina Mist Reinker with brush and let the water color paper do the work for you. Add more color if needed. Let dry. Add grass along “road” side in Lemon Lime Twist. Add this layer to card front with Tear Tape.
- Punch holes and add Crinkled Peek A Boo Seam Binding tying in a knot and trim.
- On scrap Thick Whisper White stamp all bike pieces in Peek A Boo Peach and Smoky Slate, the dog in Crumb Cake, Early Espresso and Marina Mist, the basket in Crumb Cake and Early Espresso and the flowers in Old Olive, Daffodil Delight and Peek A Boo Peach. Cut out all pieces with coordinating Framelits. Add wheels directly to card front with multipurpose glue. Add all other pieces with dimensionals. How cute is that?
- Inside the Peek A Boo Peach layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″. Add “road” at bottom of layer repeating directions for card front. Add grass stamp a couple of times without reinking.
As you can see there is no sentiment on this card…yet! Just thought I’d leave the option open until I was ready to use this card. Do you ever do that?
Well it’s is Friday again. I swear they come around faster and faster. But even though I’m retired Fridays are still special at our house.
Hope your weekend is all you want it to be.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Stay inky…be HaPpY!