I’m “over the moon” with the new Stampin’ Strips…make shaker cards so easy!
While cleaning out the paper catcher on a hole punch the other day, I collected all these cute, colorful dots and immediately thought they would make excellent material for a shaker card. The sequins would have been nice, but these are much smaller and more colorful too.
Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry Cardstock
Ink: Sugar Plum and Basic Black
Stamps: Playful Palette
Tools ‘N Embellishments: Window Sheet, Sugar Plum Ruched Ribbon, Brick Wall Embossing Folder, Linen Thread, your choice of confetti and Stampin’ Strips
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5-1/2″
- The Rich Razzleberry layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″.
- The top Whisper White layer is 3-3/4″ x 5″, embossed with Brick Wall EF. Attach this layer to the Rich Razzleberry layer with adhesive. Add a strip of Sugar Plum Ruched Ribbon to the top of these two layers with adhesive, then to card front.
- Make loops with ribbon and tie center with Linen Thread. Attach to card front with glue dots.
- Stamp the artist’s easel from Playful Palette on Whisper White with Sugar Plum ink and “fussy cut”. Cut a piece of Window Sheet 2-1/4″ square and attach to back side of easel.
- Cut a piece of scrap Whisper White 2-1/4″ square. Stamp brush stroke stamp in Sugar Plum ink three times without reinking. Stamp sentiment in Basic Black. Add Stampin’ Strips around edge of square, place confetti inside and place “fussy cut” easel on top. Add to card front with multipurpose glue.
- Inside there is a layer of Rich Razzleberry 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ with a layer of Whisper White over it 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. Stamp the brush stroke inside like the card front and add sentiment about birthday in Basic Black over the brush strokes.
Isn’t that a fun and interactive card. I love those little tiny dots in there…
So today is the first day of games at the baseball tournament. We are planning on really HOT weather and hoping there is no rain.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Are you inky like me? Be HaPpY!