The idea for today’s post came from a shopping spree last week in a boutique when I spotted a really beautiful botanical framed piece on a shelf. I just couldn’t get that piece out of my mind (I think I still have one). Here is what came out of that crazy, creative session…
and a little close up…
I had the frame (Hobby Lobby) so it took no time to put this together. I didn’t put the glass back in because I like the texture created by the gold embossing powder. Really do like how this turned out and actually like it better that the one I saw in the boutique!
Here is the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Black cardstock, Gold Glimmer, and Gold Foil
- Ink: Versamark
- Stamps: Build A Bouquet and Butterfly Basics
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Gold Sequins (tail), Gold Embossing Powder
- The opening on this mat is 4″ x 4″ so I cut the Black cardstock 4 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Stamp the background from Build A Bouquet with VersaMark, sprinkle with Gold EP and heat.
- Stamp the fern and the little postal stamp from Butterfly Basics in VersaMark, sprinkle with Gold EP and heat.
- Take your frame apart and slide your stamped piece behind the mat and attach with tape. Remove the glass (you could use this for a paint palette).
- Attach the large Gold Glimmer and Gold Foil butterflies together with a dimensional.
- Attach the smaller Black cardstock and Gold Foil butterflies together with a dimensional.
- Attach all four butterflies together with yet another dimensional and then to the stamped piece with glue dots.
- Add a folded piece of the gold sequins behind the butterfly with glue dots for a tail.
Home décor pieces are projects I love to do and I actually have this one displayed in my house right now. Since I saved so much money on that other boutique piece, I think a new pair of shoes is calling my name!
Hope you enjoyed today’s post and will check out pieces you see and think about how you might recreate them.
Thanks for stopping by…hope you are inspired!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Hope you are inky…and HaPpY like me!