Here’s my honest confession…several times before SU! came out with their Stitched Framelits (both online and at the store) I almost bought another line of stitched framelits. They were calling my name big time. So when SU! came out with the announcement they were releasing three shapes of stitched framelits in the 2017 catalog BUT you could buy them this month only, I just bet I was the first order they received!
They arrived the first of this week and it has been so much fun playing around with them. I have found they work especially well on foil and Thick Whisper White and beautifully on water color paper.
Today I’m posting a thank you card for all those presents we receive during the holidays using the Square Stitched Framelits…
This card is a good example of Gold Foil, Thick Whisper White and water color paper reaction to the stitching. I’d like to have a set of these for myself, but I do think a set of these cards would be a thoughtful gift for the holidays.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: 3-1/2″ x 5″ Whisper White Notecards, Gold Foil, Thick Whisper White and Real Red Cardstock and water color paper.
- Ink: Basic Black, Real Red, Old Olive
- Stamps: Vintage Leaves and Happy Happenings (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Square Stitched Framelits, Aqua Painter
- To the front of the 3-1/2″ x 5″ Whisper White Notecard, I used the largest frame for the Gold Foil, the next square for Thick Whisper White and the next frame for the Watercolor paper. The Real Red layer measures 1-3/4″ square.
- Attach the Gold Foil layer to card front with multipurpose glue. Attached Thick Whisper White layer next with multipurpose glue. Add the Real Red layer on top of the Whisper White with SNAIL or multipurpose glue.
- Stamp one leaf at a time. Stamp one full strength and the second without reinking. Color within lines with Aqua Painter. If you do not want any intermingling of colors, wait for ink to dry before starting your second color. Personally, I love to see the flow of color. But I know some of us are perfectionist…not naming anyone here!
- Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black.
- Inside I did add one leaf at the bottom right corner.
If you, like me, have been waiting for SU! to release stitched framelits and want them before next June…this month is your chance to have them now. And I know we all want it NOW! Here’s the order code #145372, Ovals, Circles and Square $30. And if you don’t have a demonstrator you already work with, I’d love for you to order them from me by clicking on the “Shop Now” star in the right column of this blog. You can have your stitched framelits at your door in no time at all!
Thanks so much for stopping by today.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
And I’m very inky and HaPpY!