This card is inspired by Frances Martin. I watched her video the other day and just wanted to give this “pocket card” a try in a black, white and a pop of color. Here’s the card…
Isn’t that a pretty color combination? I’m so happy this stamp set wasn’t retired. I love two-step stamping…the effect is just stunning. And here’s a pic with the note card removed…
Plenty of room to write your greetings here. I plan to make several of these with different colored roses. This card could be used for many different occasions and would be perfect to have on hand. Are you inspired to give it a try? Do you have this stamp set? This is a set you will ” go to” over and over and will never go out of style. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Whisper White and Black cardstock, Neutrals DSP Pack
- Ink: So Saffron, Crushed Curry and Black
- Stamps: Stippled Blossoms and Express Yourself
- Tools and Embellishments: Delicate Designs EF, Scallop Trim Border Punch and Dotted Ribbon (retired)
- Card Base: 5 1/2″ x 6 3/4″ scored at 4 1/4″,
- DSP for top of base is 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″,fold up “pocket” and adhere with sticky strip.
- DSP for pocket front 2 3/8″ x 5 3/8″.
- Scallop strip pocket front is 2″ x 5 1/2″, scallop punch top, emboss with Delicate Designs and attach. Cut ribbon and add to bottom of strip.
- Pocket insert: Black cardstock 5″ x 4 7/8″, Whisper White cardstock 4 7/8″ x 4 3/4″
- Stamp rose on envelope, pocket insert and on scrap piece of White. Fussy cut scrap piece and leaves. Add black dots to flower centers. Attach with dimensionals.
Wouldn’t this be pretty with Calypso Coral and Crisp Cantaloupe? Reds? Well…you pick your favorite.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…”Don’t wait for the perfect moment…take the moment and make it perfect!”
If you are inky…you are happy!